Welcome to New Nauvoo

Author Topic: Rambling by Iggy - book 2  (Read 6267 times)

Sparky

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
Re: Rambling by Iggy - book 2
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2020, 06:07:31 pm »
Iggy, {{{hugs}}}

The following users thanked this post: Iggy

Iggy

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2021, 11:19:30 pm »
Wow, it has been some time since I updated. The hospital reduced his comfort IV meds and removed his feeding through the nose tube. He had apple sauce, vanilla pudding and water. surprisingly he could keep a few small bites down. With the reduction of his comfort meds, he gained more clarity of thought. He was also able to assist in the clean up after his bowel movements.

His last Hospitalist, when she took over and read his entire chart, realized that his infection was totally cleared up and his body no longer needed those medicines. He also was clearer in thoughts, verbal responses and made her wonder why he had been tagged as having Alzheimer's. In a private conversation with her, I confessed that I am the one who said I feared he had Alzheimers, as his mother and her mother both had it and died from it. His father did not have it, he was a raving alcoholic, and there was never any indication of any dementia.

I am not clear anymore on the time line but I got the car titles signed off by Raymond. My Priesthood Minister (ex Branch President) took my car to his place and was able to fix my drivers door. He also did a complete check up of the engine and works and his two sons (20 & 18) cleaned it, inside and out.

Raymond got his advisor at Ed Jones to release to me $28,000.00. I had been researching new cars for months, and finally went online with my local car dealership and found what I wanted. They had a Jazz Blue or a Taupe[ish] ones. Priesthood Minister told me that he could sell my care for nearly double what the dealership would give me, and I told him that I was paying it all in cash. So we couldn't go over 25,000.00 as I needed the balance to be added to what was in my checking account to pay for funeral expenses.

So I sent him the link to the vehicle I wanted, a Jeep Compass Scout in Jazz Blue or that Taupe-ish color. Actually if a Red one had come in I wanted to take a good look at that one. He and his bride took me to the dealership, he posed as my son and I ended up buying it for a bit over $23,000. This car sits higher than my Dodge Caliber so it is more difficult for me to see over the right bumper. The brakes are SUPER touchy and I really can't stand the new car smell - so I bought a citrus potpourri that I keep in the back portion. I got the beautiful Jazz Blue because the Taupe-ish one looked like Pterodactyl poop.

Around the middle of Dec, 2020 this Hospitalist came to Raymond [after calling me at home to tell me I needed to get to the hospital] and told us that he was getting better. He wasn't lethargic or struggling to communicate anymore. His blood counts were all better than before his deathly sepsis from his gall bladder, and him without taking any of his pills/meds for nearly two months! If he still wished to die, then they will remove all and send him home to die - which could be in a month or years.

She left us alone for an hour to talk over this last revelation. We both prayed - separately - and we both came to the same conclusion - for Raymond to live. When I left the house I left with just me, my purse, my cell and a jacket. I ended up staying in Corvallis for 4 nights. The hospital got Raymond admitted into Avamere - Newport, Or. on Dec 17.

When I got home from Corvallis I contacted my General Contractor, a sister in my ward, and we got together and I ordered the walk in shower, new plumbing, new vanity & sink. THAT took nearly three weeks to get to our local Home Depot in Albany, Or. in the meantime she tore out the tub and surround, vanity, toilet and ripped up the floor. It had rotted through due to a leak from not only the toilet but also the cold water to the sink.

So for 5 weeks I was without a tub/shower. I had the sink in the master bathroom. So I rented a motel in Newport - - Days Inn - -  for $59.00 a night for their handicap room for a weekly shower! Reminded me of when I was at home and we could only afford once a week baths for 12 people!

Here is Raymond's timeline: Nov 5 2020 Samaritan PNW ER, then sent to their sister hospital in Lincoln City.
Nov 8 to Dec 17 Corvallis Regional (parent hospital) in Corvallis Or.
Dec 17 2020 to Mar 8 2021 at Avamere - Newport Or.

A day or two before he was admitted to Avamere, I was told that before he could be sent home our bathroom had to be remolded for handicap usage. So that is when the contractor and I got the plans all together. They were going to make me put in wider entrance/exit doors to accommodate a wheelchair. That is when I contacted his PT and told him that Raymond wasn't coming home until he could walk on his own. There was going to be NO wheelchair crap. There was absolutely no reason he couldn't walk, unless of course Avamere had done something to his spine, hips, legs, etc??? So that was removed from the list along with adding to the back door ramp. I actually made the Therapist come to the house and measure out where he wanted the ramps (he wanted a front door ramp as well). The front door ramp would end 2/3 of the way into the road, the back door ramp was perfect - legal plus 12 inches. And NO WAY was the burgundy red rhodie being dug up and trashed. He would just have to walk four more steps to get into and out of the car to the beginning of the ramp.

From the time Raymond first went to the ER and until December 27, I was in constant contact with my older Sister. I either called her or she called me like every other day. I knew she wasn't doing well on her kidney dialysis, and so we prayed for each other. I also knew that she wanted to end the dialysis - she likened it to cancer treatments, after the 12 years of fighting, she had had enough. She told me that she really needed to talk with her Patriarch, Stake President and Bishop before she quit.

When I told her that Raymond and done a complete turn around, that he was fighting now to get well, walk, and lose the weight he needed to before going into surgery to remove the gall badder, she rejoiced with me.

I got a call from my little brother Dec 29th to tell me that she had passed during the night. She had waited until Raymond and made it to better health, as she didn't want me to face two deaths. She told little brother that she didn't want crying, or any remorse. She was really looking forward to being with Mom, Dad, our siblings who passed before her, and all the Aunts, Uncles, Grands and Greats. Rejoice in her opening the next door of her eternal life.

For a bit there I wailed, sobbed and cried - I had exchanged my husband's death for my sisters. My contractor/Sister in Zion came over and helped me cry. She notified my Ministering Angels and our Bishop. The next call I made was the next morning to my Stake President. His words of comfort were exactly what I needed to hear.

Once we got the shower from Home Depot, and picked up everything thing else, work went like clock-work. I was exhausted, and wasn't really getting the rest of the house cleaned up. I did do Raymond's corner of the living room. Totally did a near complete makeover.

Oh yeah my "Son" got my car sold - got $3,400.00 for it. I decided not to sell Raymond's truck. If he wanted it sold than he could do it.

His bathroom was completed a few weeks before he came home. Man it was heaven to shower at home! Had to have the plumbers come over and adjust the water temperature on the shower from barely tepid to the 180 degrees that we wanted.

From when Raymond was first admitted to the ER until his last in person visit with his PC he has lost 89 pounds and went from size 66 pants to 60.  :o  But the surgeon will only go by the 400 pounds he was when she first came onto the case thinking that was the weight he was at when he was first admitted. His PC is going to attempt to convince the surgeon to go with the original ER weight to his weight now. We need that gall bladder removed.

When Raymond and I got married in Aug 2004 he was wearing size 62 pants without suspenders except on his temple white pants.

Last week his daughter came from Hawaii and stayed with us for a week. She helped to clean, de-clutter, and purge items. She and I spent a full day - lunch, walmart, walgreens, brought her Dad lunch from Arctic Circle and talked. Actually she asked questions and I answered them. Well most of them, a few her Dad had to be asked by her so he can answer them.

I was beyond exhausted. I would fall asleep while eating dinner, and at my computer, and while I attempted to fold my garments. She got all the tools she came across put into the rolling toolbox and than left in the guest closet. She cleaned up all the extra bathroom items that I no longer wanted and put into the front coat closet so that they all can go to the DI Pod.

Raymond got his daughter back. They had a week of heart to heart talking. He backed up what I had told her about her Grandmothers Alzheimer quirks and things to try to get her mother to be more nice and to not fight her and her grand & great grand kids. Also to remove the range/stove, full size fridge and the microwave. Leave the sink, kitchenette table, chairs. She is living with daughter in a downstairs apartment and she is burning foods, leaving perishable foods on the counter. They did remove the tub/shower and put in a roll in shower.

Anyway, I am no longer the wicked, money greedy step mother and rather than a verbal apology from her regarding her past treatment to me. she did all this work to help me.

She also has a different view of the LDS religion. She spent time in her Dad's Den/Office. We left her alone, thinking she was going through pictures, letters, etc. But when I went on my laptop after she left to prep it for a telemed Dr. visit, we discovered she had been googling LDS items. I took the laptop to Raymond and he did a search of the pages she had been on. ALL of them had been LDS from the "Official" LDS web pages.

I still can't get enough sleep/rest. When I spend even half a day out of the house to get meds, or a Dr. visit, plus getting basic food items, it takes me nearly two days of 12+ hours of sleep to get rested! Raymond thinks that my antidepressant might be too much.

Monday I go to Corvallis to see my Endocrinologist. I'm not eating or even injecting. My numbers are 200+ to HI, Each visit I expect to be told that the Dr won't see me ever again. WHERE I got that from I do not know, but the anxiety and fear is there.

OK, that is everything Up to Date, pretty much. Raymond is doing great - - better that me actually. I want Raymond to get well enough to take care of himself for a week or two so I can drive up to Seattle to be with my Baby Brother and get the items our Sister wanted me to have. i know that she left the house, her car and all of her money & most of the possessions to him. But she set aside items she wanted me to have. Also she requested that before he has his kids come get items they want AND he has a garage sale, she wants me to get what I want. Like all of Mom's cookbooks, some of her bake ware and her journals if they are still there.

Time to end this Tome. Love to all of you and Thanks for all of your prayers.

The following users thanked this post: Roper, Sparky

Sparky

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2021, 09:29:28 am »
It was good to hear from you again, Iggy. I was just thinking yesterday that we hadn't heard from you and I wondered how things were going.

The following users thanked this post: Iggy, Roper

Jana at Jade House

• MembersOnly
  • Express of All She Surveys
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2021, 11:15:13 am »
I suspected you are flat out busy. I am so wonderfullly amazed at Raymond' s recover. I stil pray for you both every night.

I wish you could rest.

The following users thanked this post: Iggy, Roper, Sparky

Iggy

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2021, 01:46:46 am »
Well JanaLynn I did rest - for nearly two months that is pretty much all I did, was sleep, sleep, sleep. Good thing that twice a month I was awake enough to hit Fred Meyer and buy Raymond frozen breakfast burritos, frozen Rice Steamers, Frozen pot pies and frozen El Monterey burritos, because I didn't eat. I slept instead.

Then when I went to get a few groceries and had to go pick up items Raymond ordered on Amazon and they no longer deliver [electronics] I fell in front of the pick up place.

I ended up with quite an infection in my right big toe. Not from falling down, or smashing it on something solid but from super dry & cracked skin. Deep cut on cracked skin that was bleeding. I poured peroxide on it, washed with hibiclens then put neosporin & bandage on. The skin around the cut turned white and peeled away. Then it got stinky infected. Couldn't get in to see my Dr, so I drove myself to the ER. The Dr there (LDS member of the Ward there in Newport OR) took swab of the toe, blood draws, and a CAT scan. No infection to the bone or blood. Put me on antibiotics, and cleaned the toe and bandaged it. Sent me home with enough gear to clean, & re-bandage it for a week.

Then set up an appointment with my PC two days later. My PC realized that I needed more of my anti-depression pills, plus he sent me to the Wound clinic. They cleaned my toe, took a swab of the leakage and guess what??? The first round of antibiotics didn't do anything, so they sent a new script to my pharmacy. I went in today, they cleaned my toe, took pictures, and re-bandaged it. 

I went to breakfast at my favorite restaurant. Then to Fred Meyer to get some frozens for Raymond. Well at the car to put the groceries away I tripped on the cement pyramid that holds the sign that points to where the Pick Up for Online Groceries are I fell AGAIN. This time I hurt more places. My right shoulder, My left elbow,left knee, small of my back. Pulled muscles in my neck, arms, shoulders, thighs, lower back and between my shoulder blades. At least my infected toe didn't get hurt.

Don't have a bathtub to soak in, do have plenty of Tylenol to take for pain. Poured peroxide over the scrapes to clean them out. No dirt in them, just fabric from my sweat shirt type jacket and my sweat pants.

OOhhh both of my ankles hurt to circle them around. Dang I am so darn tired of falling down.

Then to add more insult to injury, my left hearing aid broke!`Waaa Waaa.

pnr

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2021, 09:15:30 am »
I am so sorry.  Is there anything I could do remotely that would bless your life?  PM please if I can.
Nauvoo 1270, Feb 2005

Jana at Jade House

• MembersOnly
  • Express of All She Surveys
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2021, 09:41:49 am »
Oh my gosh woman.
I wish there was a better way for you.
Get better.
I will keep praying for you, cherie.

LMAshton

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2021, 02:16:16 pm »
Oh my goodness! I hope you heal well, and quickly.

* Recent Topics

topic Current Events - US Politics Edition
[Politics]
Jason
December 07, 2021, 11:03:53 pm
topic COVID-19
[Covid-19]
Roper
December 07, 2021, 03:40:33 pm
topic How do I help?
[General Discussion]
Jason
December 05, 2021, 12:56:42 am
topic The Last Shadow
[Literature & Poetry]
Sweet William
December 01, 2021, 11:16:57 pm
topic Are you ready for the overturn of Roe vs Wade?
[Politics]
N3uroTypical
December 01, 2021, 05:26:32 am
topic Revised Christmas Songs
[General Discussion]
N3uroTypical
November 27, 2021, 08:59:59 pm
topic Way to keep bread soft longer (without adding chemicals)
[Cooking, Food, and Food Storage]
Sweet William
November 25, 2021, 10:54:08 am
topic Civil marriage in a meetinghouse
[Latter-day Saint Life]
N3uroTypical
November 23, 2021, 09:39:30 pm
topic Religious Freedom and Non-discrimination
[Doctrines & Scholarship]
Roper
November 16, 2021, 06:53:56 pm
topic The Saga chapter 2