Welcome to New Nauvoo

Author Topic: Rambling by Iggy - book 2  (Read 2470 times)

Jana at Jade House

• MembersOnly
  • Express of All She Surveys
    • View Profile
Re: Rambling by Iggy - book 2
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2020, 12:07:07 pm »
Me too and have been praying you are both breathing filtered air

Iggy

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2020, 01:27:27 pm »
Me too and have been praying you are both breathing filtered air
On the two worst days we had to run the A/C, which filtered the air coming in. When we drove to Eugene on the third day, we had the car A/C running and I wore my mask - but not on my nose all the time.

I am a mouth breather 95% of the time, so the mask was covering my mouth.

Now there is a wildfire raging in Idaho! Several families in my Ward have family in that fire's path - they have evacuated, but one family had the foresight to prepare earlier than their local officials told them all to and loaded up their food storage & genealogy in trailers and moved them here.Picture gypsy type of moving. So they are now living with our members.

Hubby is looking into getting help in setting up our three blue 55 gallon barrels so that we can pump the water out. It is rain water that seeped into them over the 5 years they have been outside. He also has been searching online for camping type gear to hold water. 5 gallon water jugs for drinking water. He stands in the doorway of our guest room looking it over. He is picturing where we can store lots of drinking water.

He knows that "store bought" bottled water is not nutritious enough for us to drink and thrive on. Back in Casa Grande AZ there was a sister who refilled gallon & 1/2 gallon juice jugs with filtered water. They had dedicated a wooden 6'x8' shed behind their garage just for drinking/cooking water. They had rain barrels at every corner of their house and garage as well as all along the back of the house that they filled them selves with water from the outside water pipes [didn't rain often enough to fill them but it looked good] that water was for flushing and washing.

We will evacuate if threatened by fire, but otherwise we are bugging in. Walmart has two packs of small propane canisters on sale - need to stock up on them, as well as collecting firewood. Small pieces of firewood to go into my volcano oven, and buy BBQ charcoal along with 45 gal rough neck brand garbage cans to store the charcoal in - keep it dry. That can be used in the volcano oven too.

I so want to get a good generator. But Hubby isn't keen on storing fuel to operate one. He has been researching solar style to keep our freezers/fridge/hot water heater running.

Still haven't found anyone selling vegetarian beef substitute. Haven't repackaged aka vacuum sealed in two serving packets the powdered eggs, butter, milk yet.

Iggy

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2020, 03:25:35 pm »
Just talked with Raymond's health team. His urinal infection has gone up into his kidneys are in bad shape & really stressed, the infection has gone sepsis. He has afib, which has been an ongoing thing - - which I knew nothing about.

The drainage of his gall bladder has helped, but complete removal would be better BUT that can't happen because of his many ongoing illnesses and problems.

He is not able to keep foods [the needed proteins, carbs or even water down. He is also NOT a candidate for intravenous feeding. He has kept small amounts of jello down, and a few swallows of apple juice.

I asked and the hospital guy explained about and Raymond has stated he wants a Do Not Resuscitate order put in place.

His Dr will call me later this afternoon - sometime after 4 pm - so we can talk about me. How I am holding up. THAT will be a hard conversation. I want to be closer to him, but we don't have the money for hotel/motel rooms, I can do back and forth - it is coming home after the stress. I'll ask the Dr if there is low income/free housing for relatives of the patients and go from there.

I have a testimony of the power of prayer. All of the prayers said for me and Raymond have come through in abundance. I have felt them. I am strengthened by them. I sdent out a message to my Priesthood Minister for a blessing for myself. So, I am going to go eat my leftover spaghetti, and then take a nap in my recliner in the living room - can't hear knocking or even the door bell in my bedroom.

You know - I actually feel like I have been hugged by a loving crowd of people! Warm, comforted, wanting to snuggle down into the Mama's and go to sleep. Love all of you.

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, Jen, Sparky, Palmon

Sparky

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2020, 05:03:07 pm »
Iggy, thank you for the update. I'm glad you're trying to take care of yourself as well. I wish you could be closer. I'm glad you got  a blessing. And lots of prayers. {{{hugs}}}

The following users thanked this post: Iggy

pnr

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2020, 07:40:49 pm »
you can search meetinghouse locator around the hospital to see if the bishop there knows anyone who might lend a spare bedroom for your stay.

Prayers with you both.
Nauvoo 1270, Feb 2005

Curelom

• MembersOnly
  • Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2020, 10:51:14 pm »
You both are in all the Nauvoodle prayers, Iggy.

Most larger hospitals have a social worker on staff, & one of their responsibilities is to look after family members of patients. So check with that person about housing too. And it might help if your own bishop gets in touch with the local bishops or RS presidents to try to find a place for you.

Iggy

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2020, 01:47:21 am »
Thank you all for the prayers - without them I wouldn't be strong enough to go through all this, and neither would Raymond. I am so very thankful for our endowment and the covenants we both have made to Heavenly Father.

You both are in all the Nauvoodle prayers, Iggy.

Most larger hospitals have a social worker on staff, & one of their responsibilities is to look after family members of patients. So check with that person about housing too. And it might help if your own bishop gets in touch with the local bishops or RS presidents to try to find a place for you.
you can search meetinghouse locator around the hospital to see if the bishop there knows anyone who might lend a spare bedroom for your stay.

Prayers with you both.

I think that is in the works. My RS Pres was over yesterday and folded all my clothes and vacuumed my house. She said she would contact the Stake RS Pres to see what is available for me. She went thru this with her husband last year - he suffered a stroke and was in the Portland hosp then she had him transferred to Samaritan Corvallis - She stayed at a house provided near the hosp in one of six bedrooms w/bath shared by another room and paid what she could afford.

I need to pay my bills to find out how much $$ I have left over. My Priesthood Minister, RS Pres and my Ministering Sister aren't really for me driving around there in Corvallis - they are talking about the Stake finding me a driver and perhaps a companion.

I would really like for my niece to come stay with me - or my one nephew who isn't married, except he is working I think.

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, Sparky, Palmon

Iggy

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2020, 02:12:30 am »
I am in Corvallis, staying at the Mario Pastega House.I went and saw Raymond.  He is doing much better. The infection that landed him in the ICU is almost gone. His gall bladder is draining nicely. When his strength comes back, and the infection is gone, then he will go into surgery to have the gall bladder removed.

We [Raymond, myself, his resident Dr., the head nurse and this tiny little lady ] are going to plan out the recovery plan. It is going to be weeks - -months{s} before he can come home. He has to maake changes, I have to make chaanges, the house has to have changes made to it. All this will be brought up in the next couple of days.  :o  8)  ::)  need one with an arm raised with the hand in a fist. LOL

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, Sparky

Jana at Jade House

• MembersOnly
  • Express of All She Surveys
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2020, 02:28:01 am »
All that sounds wonderful, formidable,overwhelming all at the same time. I am glad you checked in.
If anyone can handle all that it is you my feisty friend.
Tell Raymond I am rooting for him AND do not be stubborn, listen to medical advice.  I am so glad he is improving.
Huggage to you Iggy.  As always, I am loving you through this.

LMAshton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2020, 09:35:22 am »
I'm also glad you checked in, Iggy. You have a lot going on, but it sounds like a plan is in motion. I'm also rooting for Raymond. Hugs and kisses.

nitasmile

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2020, 02:17:20 pm »
Hope things go well Iggy. Do check with your local Area Agency on Aging for support and resources.  They might have info on transportation, also they will have info on options to help with home modifications/ changes you mention.

* Recent Topics

* Calendar

December 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 [5]
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Recent Posts