Author Topic: BYUtv  (Read 789 times)

dyany

• Administrator
  • Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
    • My blog
BYUtv
« on: February 16, 2020, 11:49:11 pm »
I don't know how many of you are aware of this, but BYUtv is available for free on just about every streaming device, and they have actually been putting together some really good shows. Of course there's the new Studio C episodes, but Relative Race is one of the best reality/competition shows out there, Random Acts I avoid because it makes me bawl like crazy, and Kirby Heyborne has a new one called Making Good that I LOOOOOOOVE. He basically goes around to various charities in the country, works with them for a while being his goofy self, showcases some amazing good people and work, lets everyone make fun of him, and makes a song for them that he sings for them at the end. And he cries. So I cry (I'm a sucker for guys crying). Highly recommend it.  I am hoping that it would be available on streaming devices (like Roku or whatever) in other countries. Here's a link to ways to watch it: https://www.byutv.org/post/77de882a-9809-4d28-b944-225d01c1ebec/how-to-watch-byutv

Bonus: at the end of the 1st episode, he went to read the letter of recommendation his wife wrote for him for the volunteer position, and it said, "Just a warning: if anything is touching, he will tear up." And he was like, "no I don't" even though he had teared up 2-3 times in that episode alone.  ;D

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, Roper, Sparky

CrowGirl

• MembersOnly
  • Nauvoo Member 401, July 2001; lurker since 1999.
    • View Profile
    • The MAHALO5 Space
Re: BYUtv
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 03:05:07 am »
LOVE Relative Race.  Havenít watched it since we downgraded my motherís cable stations.  If we can get it through Apple TV, Iíll be pretty happy.

Glad that Kirbyís working, too,
Jump off the cliff and build your wings on the way down.
-Ray Bradbury

The following users thanked this post: dyany, Roper

Roper

• Administrator
  • Thousand Year Egg Club
  • Earning my spurs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 09:35:39 am »
On your recommendation, Dyany, my wife and I watched "Making Good" last night. We watched the episode about the Old Skool Cafe in San Francisco. What a great operation! It made me think of our conversation here about alternatives to incarceration. Kirby Heyborne is like an LDS version of Steve Carell--similar mannerisms and approach to humor. We really enjoyed it! Thank you for the recommendation.
All grown-ups were once children...but only few of them remember it. ― Antoine de Saint-Exupťry, "The Little Prince."

The following users thanked this post: dyany

dyany

• Administrator
  • Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 05:17:06 pm »
Yeah, Crowgirl, if you follow the link I posted, it's available on appletv, mobile devices, windows desktops, etc., all for free.
One of the things I love about Relative Race is watching them learn from previous seasons and seeing them grow and have more resources because, amazingly, this is really important to people.

Roper: I'm so glad you liked it! The bbq rescue group one is, I daresay, EVEN BETTER. It just really reminds me of the deep satisfaction that comes from getting your hands dirty as you reach out -- I mean really REACH OUT and dig deep -- to help people.

The following users thanked this post: Roper, CrowGirl

palmetto_gal

• MembersOnly
  • Old forum #2268; registered 13 August 2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 10:02:10 pm »
Another fan of Relative Race checking in here.  The season showing now is a repeat, but I had missed several of the beginning episodes, so it's all coming together for me now.  The father/son duo from Concord, NC lives about 90 minutes from me, and the places they have visited are familiar.  I cry (or tear up) when the team members make connections with relatives, especially the ones who have either lost contact for decades or had no idea there was a family member out there that heretofore had been a surprise. 

I will make a point to watch "Making Good". It sounds like another one I would really enjoy.

The following users thanked this post: dyany

dyany

• Administrator
  • Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 10:24:53 pm »
pg: if you use the app or streaming service instead of a cable provider, you can pick and choose to watch any episode any time you want. No need for missing episodes, watching them out of order, or reruns (unless you want to).

Honestly, between DVRs and streaming services, the concept of watching episodes of anything out of order is something I can and will always avoid.

cook

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 03:16:41 am »
Cool and thanks, just downloaded BYUtv on my computer. Kids are pretty much through netflix, so at least there's some sport they can watch if nothing else.

Sarahgirl

• Greenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 01:19:18 pm »
I wanted to add that my family LOVES Dwight in Shining Armor. The show focuses on its characters and silliness. The first season didnít have very much plot to the episodes but by season two it gets much better.

I also really enjoy The Fixers. It is about a group that goes all over the world building structures that help various communities. They involve the locals and do amazing work within a handful of days.
Member #350 joined June 2001

The following users thanked this post: Palmon

beefche

• MembersOnly
  • Wise bovine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2020, 07:16:31 pm »

I also really enjoy The Fixers. It is about a group that goes all over the world building structures that help various communities. They involve the locals and do amazing work within a handful of days.

There was an episode of building a stable for a couple of therapy horses in Bulgaria. It featured one of my friends from my mission who founded the organization who runs the stable/therapy. So many miracles behind the scenes to get that episode.

The following users thanked this post: dyany, Palmon

* Calendar

October 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Recent Posts

Re: Throw-together recipes by Curelom