Welcome to New Nauvoo

Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 19399 times)

Palmon

• View Profile
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #270 on: December 23, 2017, 08:25:20 pm »
I just finished watching The Chosen, by VidAngel.  Beautiful.  https://www.vidangel.com/browse

The following users thanked this post: dyany, Roper

JLM

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 24, 2017, 01:36:35 pm »
Webcomics.  There are hundreds out there.  Most of them aren't particularly good.  I do recommend "All Night Laundry" though.  It reads more like a screenplay with illustrations than an comic.  The author/artist incorporates comments from the reader into the story, so it sometimes takes some interesting twists along the journey.  It started our as a sci-fi horror story, but eventually became more aligned with the sci-fi adventure genre.  Check it out.

http://www.all-night-laundry.com

Roper

• Thousand Year Egg Club
  • Earning my spurs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 24, 2017, 02:29:17 pm »
I just finished watching The Chosen, by VidAngel.  Beautiful.  https://www.vidangel.com/browse

Is that the 1980s film adaptation of Chaim Potok's novel?  I remember watching that for American History class back in high school.  I remember having a really interesting class discussion about it.

Palmon

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 25, 2017, 01:25:07 am »
When I first heard the title, thatís what I thought it was. No, this is the story of one of the shepherds in the field That Day.  VidAngel is actually going to make a series of the life of Christ, through the eyes of those that met and knew Him. This is the pilot. Itís just short of 25 minutes long.

The following users thanked this post: dyany, Iggy, Roper

Roper

• Thousand Year Egg Club
  • Earning my spurs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 13, 2018, 01:35:45 am »
Longmire. Why?  Everything was cool about the last episode.  Except for Vic and Walt's May/December relationship.  Ick.  Yes, I know the tension from the whole last season was building up to it (with a sledgehammer's lack of subtlety--I mean, how many more ways could Vic be anguished about losing Walt), but come on.  For all his virtuous integrity about doing the right thing despite the consequences, he had an affair with a subordinate employee. That's unethical. I suppose the fact that he retired afterwards was supposed to make it okay  ::). And the romantic dialogue between Vic and Walt--who wrote that?  A sixth grader? "Every man knows how many scars he has." *Snort.* Apparently, a relationship between two mature people, (like he was developing with Donna) wasn't "spicy" enough. There had to be a juvenile fantasy involving a subordinate employee young enough to be his daughter.  Again, ick. What a disappointing ending to a series that was really excellent in so many ways.

The following users thanked this post: Jen, Sparky

Roper

• Thousand Year Egg Club
  • Earning my spurs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 11, 2018, 07:11:41 pm »
"A Quiet Place." The best scary movie I've seen in a long time.  No sex or nudity.  No foul language.  A good story and really good acting.  Definitely worth seeing.

palmetto_gal

• Old forum #2268; registered 13 August 2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 11, 2018, 11:35:07 pm »
"A Quiet Place." The best scary movie I've seen in a long time.  No sex or nudity.  No foul language.  A good story and really good acting.  Definitely worth seeing.
I was at the edge of my seat throughout the movie.  Suspenseful doesn't even come close to describing it.  I've always liked Krasinski as an actor, and I've always loved Emily Blunt's work.  I can't imagine how they shed their characters at the end of a day of shooting to go home as a married couple.  I did not know Millicent Simmonds was deaf until after I had seen the movie.  I would watch it again, even though I know how it will end. 

* Top Posters

Curelom
1313 Posts
Roper Roper
1109 Posts
dyany dyany
814 Posts
LMAshton LMAshton
668 Posts
N3uroTypical N3uroTypical
419 Posts

* Recent Posts