Welcome to New Nauvoo

Author Topic: What are your Sundays like?  (Read 114 times)

Jen

• View Profile
What are your Sundays like?
« on: November 10, 2019, 11:54:53 am »
Mine is extra busy today, but not terribly unusual.

Iíll go to Sacrament meeting and play the organ. Then Iíll go help the EQ rehearse a song theyíre singing in Sacrament meeting next month. Go to RS and announce/explain the RS Holiday meal this Saturday that Iím in charge of and have a lot to do for, in spite of having a great committee. Iíll take the family home for lunch, then my daughters and I will go back to the church for ministering interviews. Then back to our house to host choir. After that hubby and I will take our teenagers to a kick-off fireside for Trek next year (which I still donít get the point of, but thatís another discussion). Somewhere I have to feed everyone, all the regular Mom things, fit in family council and a Come, Follow Me discussion. I had also hoped to visit my mom and help an old (age wise) friend with a family history project Iíve been putting off, but I donít think those will happen.

I donít mean to complain. I love the Church and love to serve. I just canít help but feel like this is excessive. Like I said, itís a bit more than usual but not a lot.

Maybe itís a day to rest from our worldly cares because we donít have any time to think about them.

Jen

• View Profile
Re: What are your Sundays like?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 11:57:42 am »
I also have SO many songs to practice on the piano this time of year, for choir and various activities, because in spite of having a large ward, no one else is willing to play.

Roper

• Thousand Year Egg Club
  • Earning my spurs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 12:22:23 pm »
We have our primary program in Sacrament Meeting today. We have been rehearsing the songs for the last six weeks. We had our final practice yesterday. The kids are ready. It's going to be a great program! I'm ready to get back to teaching music focused on learning the Gospel without the anticipation of a performance.
All grown-ups were once children...but only few of them remember it. ― Antoine de Saint-Exupťry, "The Little Prince."

The following users thanked this post: Jen

AndrewR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 12:56:48 pm »
Well,

Today I was "Primary President", which is a first, and probably a last.

Through that only meant choosing an Opening Prayer and then leading the music, from the piano - with a few teaching questions thrown in.

Then I went the EQ for the second half of the lesson, and chose the closing prayer.

We had our meeting reversed today because it is remembrance Sunday and we wanted to end at 11am with the Act of Remembrance. I got to play Jeruselem for the Opening Hymn, then Onward, Christian Soldiers for thwe intermediate, and God, Save the Queen to end. So, some Organ stops I don't usually use in Sacrament meeting were deployed.

A good meeting.
Don't ask me, I only live here.
Nauvoodle since March 2005 #1412

Scruffydog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 11:36:20 am »
Sundays? I'm a bishop. What can I say?  ;)

cook

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 01:25:20 pm »
Here the distances are such they prevent from "have to go back to church".

I wake up my dad at 7 and tell him to get up and go to shower. I study the Book of Mormon until at 7.45. I phone him again and usually have to tell him that really no he has to get up and take a shower in order to be in time. I wake up everyone else at 8, we have breakfast and take turns in the shower. I phone my dad again around 8.30 to ask/ make sure he eats breakfast. Most likely I phone him again around 9.00 to make sure he has dressed and starts to dress outer clothing. We pick him up at 9.15., most likely I go and get him from his apartment and help him find his hearing aid or something else. Perhaps throw the wet sheets in the washing machine.

At church I may interpret and then I attend Primary and teach my lesson the second half of it.

Then usually we have someone coming over - either the YSA we have asked in advance, occassionally someone else we have asked in advance or someone we feel at church needs an invitation. We come home, my dad with us, make the dinner, eat and depending on guests hang out with them some time. YSA plays games with us and just hangs out perhaps a bit longer than others. At some point I take my dad home, earlier than a year ago now. After people have left or we have thrown them out, we have family home evening and family council, with that also a quick overview of the come follow me points from the manual for the next week. Then perhaps a little bitof board games or reading or what ever and parent child discussions with us parents. And I try to be in bed by 9 at the latest, earlier if possible, to survive the coming week with my pupils.

Sometimes we have firesides i the evening. Then some of us may attend.

Next year we have again the later shift, which means maybe guests not as often and shorter visit by them, but pretty much the same, except sleeping a bit longer and once a month having the ward potluck after church.

* Top Posters

Curelom
1673 Posts
Roper Roper
1552 Posts
dyany dyany
969 Posts
LMAshton LMAshton
835 Posts
N3uroTypical N3uroTypical
680 Posts