Welcome to New Nauvoo

Author Topic: JANA IS COMING WHERE? WHEN?  (Read 1122 times)

Jana at Jade House

• View Profile
JANA IS COMING WHERE? WHEN?
« on: September 27, 2018, 09:24:26 am »
i POSTED THIS IN THE FBGROUP AS WELL.

Brothers, sisters, men , women, cats, and kittens. I arrive in Newark NJ next week. I will stay with my brother Timothy, Attend a 50 th high school reunion. Attend a family birthday.

I was supposed to move on to the ranch in CO on the 16th. But My dear heartsister is totally enmeshed in family drama in New York. She is overwhelmed and even if her FIL dies today, she would not be back out West on the 16th.

The whole purpose of the CO visit was to be there for her birthday 1 Nov AND quilt fabric shop AND plan a Maori influenced quilt for her for next years birthday. But all that is up in the air after her message to me yesterday.

SO. HELP HELP HELP My non changeable ticket from Denver to home is dated 9 November....Obviously I need to be in the airport at that given time. ( And Trooperswife, I will keep you in the loop)
From Denver I can fly direct to Prescott. I have someone to visit there. ( Jacare)
Unfortunately from Prescott one can only fly back to Denver or to LAX. I am not going to the coast this trip. (that is this spring)
I have an idea that I would like to visit St George and SLC area. But I have not had contact with anyone but Roper ( just where are you?) so far.
 I have a hard time getting access to some point to point airlines websites from EU. Thus I sort of am stuck waiting til after 4 October to buy flights.
Anyone who wants to visit should send me an email or PM so I know where people are, how complex it is to get there and most important WHAT KIND OF VISIT! dinner, lunch, homestay for more days.....road trip whatever. (jade.house@xmsnet.nl)
Nothing will be written in stone until I get to NJ.
Because I really want to see Jane and if she suddenly has a couple days I need to be flexible.
UNless my head explodes. this does nothing for my anxiety since Himself will be home, or in Denmark or in South Korea.
This was supposed to be a no hassle visit....
please PM or email me with you responses!

nitasmile

• View Profile
Re: JANA IS COMING WHERE? WHEN?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 08:48:12 pm »
I wish I were able to go up to New York to see you for a little while! But unfortunately the next couple of weekends I'm going to be tied up with other things and I would not be able to go up there. I hope you have a fun trip. If he somehow end up in the DC area, please let me know! It would be fun to see you again :-)

The following users thanked this post: Patty Blue

Roper

• Thousand Year Egg Club
  • Earning my spurs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 07:55:51 pm »
Check the FB post, JanaLynn.  I put some info there.
All grown-ups were once children...but only few of them remember it. ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, "The Little Prince."

Roper

• Thousand Year Egg Club
  • Earning my spurs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 07:47:50 pm »
Woo Hoo!  Jana is with the Roper clan until Monday.  What an amazing woman. I like her even better in person than I do in virtual Nauvoo :D

Edit: Jana and I collaborated on a Crock Pot full of chili for the ward chili cook off tonight.  We WON for the best traditional chili entry!  She suggested adding bacon fat and a dash of cocoa powder.  I suggested adding Sweet Mesquite seasoning and beef bouillon. The resulting flavors, combined with the tangy tomatoes and smoky dark red chili powder, really blended well. Mmmm...

« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 10:06:30 pm by Roper »
All grown-ups were once children...but only few of them remember it. ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, "The Little Prince."

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, Curelom, palmetto_gal, Sparky

Iggy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 02:31:48 am »
Woo Hoo!  Jana is with the Roper clan until Monday.  What an amazing woman. I like her even better in person than I do in virtual Nauvoo :D

Edit: Jana and I collaborated on a Crock Pot full of chili for the ward chili cook off tonight.  We WON for the best traditional chili entry!  She suggested adding bacon fat and a dash of cocoa powder.  I suggested adding Sweet Mesquite seasoning and beef bouillon. The resulting flavors, combined with the tangy tomatoes and smoky dark red chili powder, really blended well. Mmmm...

She is an amazing woman! Oh man, that chili sounds so good!! So you add beans? My Mom made bean-less chili - don't know why, because we ate lots of beans in other ways. Navy bean soup. Home made Boston Baked Beans. Pinto beans with ham hocks/celery/onion. And of course a bit of every kind of dry bean the stores had along with barley, lentils, yellow split pea, ham hocks, ham, and any other left over meat that just wouldn't feed three adults for lunch. Add canned tomatoes, celery, onions, carrots(just a wee bit as they tend to sweeten the pot), and what ever stock Mom and Grandma had made in the last two weeks and stored in the fridge in the back room, and simmer until the rumbling of 6 children and 3 adults tummies is so deafening one has to feed them to silence the roar!

The following users thanked this post: Curelom, Roper, Sparky, Patty Blue

curlybat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 08:48:36 pm »
Another Jana spotting in St. George!  She got in an orchestra performance by our daughter and a visit afterward.  Nice seeing you again, Jana.  Hope to catch you again sometime and that your remaining time in the US is safe and enjoyable!  It is hard to believe how long we've fellow Nauvoodles!  Oriah was just a baby for our first visit and now she's getting ready for her baptism but that is just the tip of the iceberg of time!
Still TheOne and only me who happens to now be curlybat.

Nauvoodle since September 2001 (#431)

The following users thanked this post: Roper

Palmon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 12:02:43 pm »
I had the pleasure of meeting Jana, Patty Blue and Patty's husband yesterday. Jana and are Patty both such kind and gracious women. Patty's husband is so nice. It is really a pleasure to be in the company of, as Jesus said, "the salt of the earth."

The following users thanked this post: Curelom, Roper

Patty Rain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 10:09:03 pm »
Enjoyed having Jana at my house last week.  Really appreciated that she went ministering with me and calmed my my ministering sister down with her passport story.  It was nice to sit and talk at home and with Pollyanna and walk and talk around the park.  Then we met Jacare's wife halfway between my home and their home.  Loved getting to know here as well, though I missed meeting Jacare. 
Time for a change.  I am yungmom, but have wanted a new username for some time.

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, beefche, Curelom, Roper

Roper

• Thousand Year Egg Club
  • Earning my spurs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 10:10:08 am »
Last year, when JanaLynn stayed with us, we had a picnic up in Santaquin Canyon. The fires, followed heavy snow and rapid spring runoff, caused landslides. The lower part of the canyon has re-opened, so Sam and I had to go exploring. This is the table where he had lunch with his Dutch Oma.

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, palmetto_gal

Jana at Jade House

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2019, 05:45:53 am »
it is that time again.  we spent july in china, august in New Zealand. 
Now I will be in Colorado  all of November, and in the Crow Nest in CA over Easter end March to mid April.

Send up a flare if anyone wants to meet up....

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton

Roper

• Thousand Year Egg Club
  • Earning my spurs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2019, 05:28:44 pm »
We would love to have you visit Santaquin again, if your travels take you through this area. We have a more comfortable bed for you, now  ;D

Jana at Jade House

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2019, 05:05:33 am »
Unless everything goes pearshaped as last year did, Utah is not on the menu for a bit. 

I love visiting the Roper clan and my boy.  Alas, big road trips are limited by energy and age.  I am coming closer to the stay home boundary. sadly. but thank you very humbly, good man Roper.

For instance, we talked about me coming to portland this spring for 5 minutes.  I got all excited. for 5 minutes.  the logistics of visiting my wonderful peeps and coordinating that with his conference made my head explode.

Only the very strongest survive aging well, and then you die anyway.

Roper

• Thousand Year Egg Club
  • Earning my spurs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2019, 07:48:46 pm »
No worries, Dear JanaLynn. If your plans change, please know that you're always welcome here. We have motorcycles and a trampoline if you get a sip from the fountain of youth ;)

Curelom

• Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2019, 02:26:19 am »
Jana, maybe I can see you when you come to California! We'll see - Easter is a long way off. But it's something to look forward to.  :)

Or, awaiting details about your Colorado trip, since I may go to Utah sometime in the next couple of months.

Jana at Jade House

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2019, 09:06:10 am »
I will be in Erie CO the whole of November, Curelom.

* Top Posters

Curelom
1673 Posts
Roper Roper
1552 Posts
dyany dyany
969 Posts
LMAshton LMAshton
835 Posts
N3uroTypical N3uroTypical
680 Posts

* Recent Posts