Welcome to New Nauvoo

Author Topic: The new RS/PH meetings  (Read 1151 times)

Redd

• when life gives you lemons, make grape juice!
    • View Profile
Re: The new RS/PH meetings
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2018, 09:13:13 pm »
My ward has had two circles, one inside the other. We have room to move into and out of the room if necessary. We have been using microphones that are clipped to the collar to help everyone hear.

Iggy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2018, 09:16:28 pm »
We have been using microphones that are clipped to the collar to help everyone hear.

So you pass the microphones to the Sisters who are NOT the teacher so that they all can be heard when they respond/contribute in class?  ?:blank:? :-\ ?

Redd

• when life gives you lemons, make grape juice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 09:42:04 pm »
We use two microphones. I started taking the mic around the  room when I was teaching Relief Society because I heard a sister complaining about not being able to hear. That was nearly two years ago. When I was released from teaching they started using two microphones so the teacher has one and a member of the presidency runs around the room with the other one.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 12:16:37 am by Redd »

AndrewR

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 04:25:22 am »
I think the changes to Sunday meetings will bring us full circle back to a more teacher centred class setting.

No council meetings (although the concept still exists in part).
No six month topic.

Just conference talk (TTFT) discussions - which will need to be doctrinal in nature.

Also, there will be more classes happening if the instructions are followed to the letter.

The letter and explanation makes it clear that YW classes and AP Quorums are expected to meet separately - potentially 6 rooms
Primary classes will take place during this time - another 4 to 6 rooms

Our's is not a large building. So EQ is going to be back in the chapel most likely - where a circle will be impossible.
Don't ask me, I only live here.
Nauvoodle since March 2005 #1412

Iggy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 08:15:41 am »
I think the changes to Sunday meetings will bring us full circle back to a more teacher centred class setting.

No council meetings (although the concept still exists in part).
No six month topic.

Just conference talk (TTFT) discussions - which will need to be doctrinal in nature.

Also, there will be more classes happening if the instructions are followed to the letter.

The letter and explanation makes it clear that YW classes and AP Quorums are expected to meet separately - potentially 6 rooms
Primary classes will take place during this time - another 4 to 6 rooms

Ours is not a large building. So EQ is going to be back in the chapel most likely - where a circle will be impossible.

Hubby and I have discussed this and our consensus for our Branch is that the only real change is that the AP Quorum will now meet separately, and the YW will NOT meet with the RS on Fast Sunday. Which I will like, because they take the chairs and make us elder ladies stand during the opening exercises. Rude little buggers!

Oh, and no more opening hymn and prayer. Depending on who they ask to give the prayer that could easily add 15 minutes to class time.

Since one family is moving out, we lost 3 YW, 1 Primary child and 1 Nursery child plus the 1st Councilor in the Branch Presidency and the RS president.

There is now just one YW!!! On the 30 Sept the RS was revamped - new presidency. The 1st Councilor hasn't been released yet - and they had best find someone who isn't on his last legs or who has put his resume out with Head Hunters [four of our head of households who just moved here in the last year!]

Oh, and all of our new RS presidency barely talk above a whisper. This is going to be so much fun - -NOT.

Sparky

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2018, 06:00:30 am »
No more opening hymn and prayer? I hadn't heard that. Seems strange.

AndrewR

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 06:48:52 am »
I guess the thinking is that with having just left sacrament meeting, with a hymn and prayer (that always mentions the coming lesson(s)) it is pointless to ask (again) for the Spirit - which is ultimately the purpose of the opening (invocation) prayer.

Primary do have these things - but that is different as it is their opportunity to pray.
Don't ask me, I only live here.
Nauvoodle since March 2005 #1412

pnr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2018, 01:52:57 pm »
It isn't no more music in RS/PH.  It is not scheduled music: they said music could be used (I find it a really important part of study and worship, often.)
Nauvoo 1270, Feb 2005

* Top Posters

Curelom
1405 Posts
Roper Roper
1162 Posts
dyany dyany
832 Posts
LMAshton LMAshton
703 Posts
N3uroTypical N3uroTypical
425 Posts