Welcome to New Nauvoo

Author Topic: Our Branch President is now living in Armenia  (Read 214 times)

palmetto_gal

• Old forum #2268; registered 13 August 2006
    • View Profile
Our Branch President is now living in Armenia
« on: March 19, 2018, 11:54:32 pm »
Our beloved Branch President recently lost his job here in this area.  He was the Controller of our local gold mine.  (Yes, we have a gold mine.  It's called the Haile Gold Mine.)  A larger company bought the mine and did a lot of restructuring, so DBP (dear Branch Pres) found himself without a job.  Less than two weeks later, he found a new position.  He will be in Armenia for the next 2-3 years.  His wife and their youngest DD will remain here in their home.  The older kids are all out, about and married. 

He has not yet been released.  We expect that to happen the week after General Conference.  He is also the Seminary Teacher.  He gets up at 3 am his local time to Skype/Facetime with the few Seminary students we have in our Branch.  He still emails me information to publish in the Sunday Bulletin.  This man will be sorely missed. 

Please join with the prayers of our Branch members that his time in Armenia will be productive, that he will exude the love he has for the Restored Gospel to all with whom he comes into contact.  Please also pray for his delightful wife and daughter as they cope with his absence.

His name is Stuart Tracy.  Many thanks in advance.

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton

Palmon

• View Profile
Re: Our Branch President is now living in Armenia
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 01:02:25 am »
That is quite a sudden adjustment for his family and your branch. Thank you for his name and he will be in our prayers.

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, palmetto_gal

palmetto_gal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 11:29:54 pm »
I want to give you an update about our former Branch President.  He is now settled in Armenia.  The closest LDS unit to him is a six-hour bus/train ride away, but he hasn't missed a meeting yet since he went over there, other than the short week he was here at home for a quick visit.  He has a fantastic album on Facebook where he posts pictures of the area and some of the other LDS members and missionaries.  His wife was called as Seminary teacher, but she told us she is basically there to sign off on paperwork, since he still Skypes with the Seminary students on a weekly basis.  His youngest daughter will graduate from High School two weeks from today and he will be in Armenia.  Please continue to keep him and his family in your prayers. 

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, Curelom

pnr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 11:54:21 am »
How does that tiny bit of pure democracy (Armenian opposition candidate with only a handful of the parliment being elected over the one everyone expected, apparently reflecting armenian concern with government corruption) affect him/you?
Nauvoo 1270, Feb 2005

palmetto_gal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 08:21:54 am »
How does that tiny bit of pure democracy (Armenian opposition candidate with only a handful of the parliment being elected over the one everyone expected, apparently reflecting armenian concern with government corruption) affect him/you?

I'll be quite honest; I know nothing about Armenian politics.  As to how it affects Stuart, I'm not sure.  It's not something I would dare to ask him via social media. 

* Top Posters

Curelom
1217 Posts
Roper Roper
1015 Posts
dyany dyany
785 Posts
LMAshton LMAshton
645 Posts
CrowGirl CrowGirl
402 Posts

* Recent Posts