Welcome to New Nauvoo

Author Topic: Smells Like Scam  (Read 907 times)

Iggy

• View Profile
Re: Smells Like Scam
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 03:58:40 am »
Curelom, when you get these do you Add sender to blocked senders list? If you do this to all the unwanted emails, eventually you will filter them out. I now get maybe two a month. I use Office Outlook for my email program. If you are using this program, click on the offensive email, go to the top of the page, click on Actions, put your cursor on Junk Mail, and a menu will appear on the side, click on Add Sender To Blocked Senders List, then click on OK.

About the only thing I am now hit with is gobbly gook emails from amazon-uk-(blank blank). Send them to email prison too. It has now been three weeks since the last one.

Once a week I empty the Junk folder. I don't wait for it to delete the oldest after 30 days. Same with Trash.

With Outlook and my gmail account, blocked emails are bounced back to the originator so it appears like a bad email account. Came principle as telemarketer phone calls. If they reach an answering machine or fax the computerized dial-er will reject the number and that ends the calls.

Lately I have been bombarded with calls from a *Drug Company* telemarketer. Three to four times a day. When I finally answered I told the young man to remove me from their calling list and never call me again. A week went by with no calls, then starting on Monday at 8 AM it started again, but with a different young man. Today, hubby and I were up at 7 AM to get ready for his dental surgery 65 miles away. I had my printer on to print out the directions when the land line rang. Well, it is also our fax line. When I saw it was from Ontario OR, I let the call go through the fax.

The caller ID said the number was 541-XXX-0131, but the fax said the number was 541-XXX-0127. So, I am leaving the printer on over night. Let the little darling call again at 7AM and get my screeching fax.

Patty Rain

• View Profile
Re: Smells Like Scam
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2018, 12:07:13 pm »
Have you seen the James Veitch Ted Talk videos about scam email? I love them: https://www.ted.com/talks/james_veitch_this_is_what_happens_when_you_reply_to_spam_email/up-next
Time for a change.  I am yungmom, but have wanted a new username for some time.

The following users thanked this post: dyany, Iggy

* Top Posters

Curelom
1313 Posts
Roper Roper
1109 Posts
dyany dyany
814 Posts
LMAshton LMAshton
668 Posts
N3uroTypical N3uroTypical
419 Posts