Welcome to New Nauvoo

Author Topic: The anthology I'm in comes out in 3 weeks  (Read 200 times)

dyany

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My blog
The anthology I'm in comes out in 3 weeks
« on: October 24, 2017, 08:01:35 pm »
I don't know if any of you have read The Sun Still Shines by Jodi Orgill Brown, but she's been putting together an anthology called Rise Above Depression and it comes out in 3 weeks by Fulfill Publishing, and I'm one of the (many) authors who has articles in it.  It's not huge--Fulfill Publishing is teeny, all our submissions were non-compensated and I haven't even seen how my stuff is in it--but it's kind of exciting nevertheless.  Here's some of the endorsements that the book has received so far:

"Since most of us will either experience depression ourselves or be close to someone who does, it is important that we begin to understand the difficult challenges of those affected by this disease. Rise Above Depression is a masterful work exploring this topic through the voices of many who are suffering. Each of their experiences are unique, and yet they all provide encouragement and hope for a better life. This is one of those books that will literally change lives."
— Steve Ostler, CEO Onerefugee

"Jodi's book offers hope to every one suffering from not only depression, but any sort of mental or physical ‘paralysis.’  Her messages of hope versus hopelessness inspired me so much that I've sent the book to others I know who struggle with issues, physical, mental and spiritual. I appreciate the inspiring stories of others who have found themselves in the face of adversity and have been able to move forward with faith and a positive outlook on life." – Chad Hymas, CSP, CPAE. Author of Doing What Must Be Done, Hall of Fame Speaker

"When I first started the book, I thought I was reading to understand and learn more about how I could understand and help those that deal with depression. I soon realized this book is not just for those who suffer from the effects of depression, but it's also for any person looking live a fuller, more purposeful life. This book is filled with simple daily tools and stories you could apply to life regardless of depression.

“It took me through a personal journey of looking how I can better my life and help create more joy for others. I would recommend this book to ALL who want to make a profound difference in their own life and make an impact on other peoples lives, regardless of whether or not you suffer from depression. This book is truly an inspired book and will continue to make a big impact in the world as it is shared and spread." – Andrea Teach, Mother, Speaker, Entrepreneur

"The powerful truth that we are much, much more than our bodies is only the beginning of what Jodi Brown expounds on in this must-read book. Discover keys on how to not only deal with, but overcome the things which in the end make us magnificent. An inspirational page-turner in developing trust and tenacity as we ‘press on’ with the challenges in our lives."
— Jeffery Olsen, Co-Founder @ONE, Best Selling Author of I Knew Their Hearts and Beyond Mile Marker 80

"Someone once said, regarding their search for inner peace, 'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer' (Albert Camus wiki). Jodi Brown has created and compiled precious principles, insights, and wisdom that will bless anyone suffering from depression, anxiety or emotional trauma, with crucial guides and directions to help find their ‘invincible summer.’ The darkness and despair of depression are dispelled enough for us to take action. Brown's and her co-writers' experiences, insights and counsel—shared with intense personal empathy—provide many of these key anchors of hope and can guide us to our summer."   
— John Paskett, VP of Operation, Personal Strengths Publishing, PTSD Survivor,
 “Rise Above Depression n is a perfect resource for anyone struggling with depression. It lets you peek behind the curtain at many of depression’s contributing factors. It validates, it educates and it comforts; most importantly, it allows realize you are not a victim of depression.”
Jenny Layton, Author, Speaker, and Founder of The Happy Gal

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, Roper

Palmon

• View Profile
Re: The anthology I'm in comes out in 3 weeks
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 11:01:45 pm »
I'm buying! Excited for you!

The following users thanked this post: dyany

LMAshton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 07:01:26 am »
Sounds like a fantastic publication. So happy for you!
Nauvoo Member #701 aka quidscribis, joined April 2003

Curelom

• Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 02:54:04 pm »
Congratulations! It sounds like your work will help a lot of people.

Palmon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 05:09:47 pm »
Here is a link for the sneak peek of the cover for the anthology Rise Above Depression. Congratulations, again, Dyany.

https://www.facebook.com/WriterJodiBrown/photos/a.217012121803028.1073741830.200104813493759/786158744888360/?type=3&theater

palmetto_gal

• Old forum #2268; registered 13 August 2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 01:02:13 am »
I followed the link above and registered for one of the preview copies.  Dyany, I mentioned that I had found Jodi through you.  My name was chosen and I received the .pdf version yesterday.  I just need to remember to bring a pack of paper with me to work to print it off.  Thanks for letting us know about the anthology. 

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, dyany

dyany

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 11:20:37 am »
Dude!  I haven't even seen the whole thing yet!  (She's sending all the contributors print copies.)  You'll have to let me know if it's good.  I'm nervous.

dyany

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 01:16:12 am »
So, I received an email today showing the Amazon listing for the paperback.  The kindle version only shows 4 authors, but the paperback shows 16 (of the 50+).  Jodi put the authors in order of # of pages written, so the fact that I am #9 on the list is kind of awesome. :)  You can go here if you want to get a better look or even pre-order: http://a.co/4vo3MR1

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, palmetto_gal, Iggy, Roper, Palmon

Palmon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 01:18:48 am »
Dyany, I really appreciated your contribution in the book. It's a struggle for me right now and I am at that point where I really just want that cheesecake and nap. This book is right what I need. Thank you!

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, dyany

* Top Posters

Curelom
1090 Posts
Roper Roper
891 Posts
dyany dyany
744 Posts
LMAshton LMAshton
606 Posts
CrowGirl CrowGirl
402 Posts