Welcome to New Nauvoo

Author Topic: Current Events - US Politics Edition  (Read 65577 times)

Curelom

• MembersOnly
  • Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
Re: Current Events - US Politics Edition
« Reply #1065 on: October 10, 2020, 06:24:55 pm »
Trump holds another largely unmasked rally outside the WH to further divide Americans against each other. White supremacists should be comforted knowing that his lukewarm condemnations were just because he “had to do it,” & he didn’t really mean it & isn’t going to toss them under the bus. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-delivers-dark-and-divisive-speech-in-first-major-appearance-since-covid-diagnosis/ar-BB19Tk3m?ocid=msedgntp

And while people continue to get sick, 7,786,164 known cases & 217,319 deaths in this, the world’s Covid abyss (& not just the first world, but also most of the undeveloped, impoverished third world), this is what the “president” said: “I haven't even found out numbers or anything yet, but I've been retested and I know I'm at either the bottom of the scale or free.” The first thing that came into my mind reading that was I, I, I, me, me me… Isaiah 14:12-14.

Good for you, get well quicker. Give thanks to God for sparing you, & do what any sensible, decent human would: get some rest & stop risking other people’s health or goading them into endangering each other for your entertainment. And now that you feel so good, have a little empathy (or just fake it) for the 217,319 people in the U.S. who will never have a chance to feel better, most of whom died on your watch.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 02:05:20 am by Curelom »

Curelom

• MembersOnly
  • Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 10, 2020, 08:05:08 pm »
Anyone have $100 that you don't want anymore? Guess what the latest memento is at an unofficial White House gift shop.

The coin designer and CEO of the store said the coin "features more than a hint of superhero qualities" in Trump.

No comment, at least verbally. 🙄 😣 🤮

https://www.businessinsider.com/white-house-gift-shop-trump-defeats-covid-coin-not-affiliated-2020-10

Even Fox confirms it.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/a-100-dollar-trump-defeats-coronavirus-commemorative-coin-is-in-production

The shop is not affiliated with the government or Supreme Leader, so if he imagines himself as a decent person with a molecule of scruples, he will ask them to stop selling this thing. If they want to donate to a worthy cause, why not just make the donation without the graven images & idol worship? This is a slap in the face to everyone who has become ill or died, those in the U.S. who are grieving for 217,300 moms, grandpas, uncles, co-workers, children, teachers, neighbors, or friends, & the 37.5 million all over the world who have been infected & over a million who have died. Have a little respect & empathy, why don’t you, instead of profiteering off people’s misery & Trump’s egomania.

Curelom

• MembersOnly
  • Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 13, 2020, 05:00:27 am »
American tax dollars at work, keeping American businesses strong. 💰

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Trump-s-children-brought-Secret-Service-money-to-15639282.php

McConnell thinks Covid response is a laughing matter. Or else he knows it stinks & can think of nothing to say, & laughs to cover up his befuddlement.

"If you want to call yourself a leader, you've got to get things done," added McGrath [Senate election challenger], with McConnell continuing to grin and laugh.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mitch-mcconnell-laughs-as-opponent-grills-him-on-covid-response-during-debate/ar-BB19XDgH?ocid=msedgntp

Even though he himself has chickened out of the WH for months because he is afraid of the big bad bug.

https://www.businessinsider.in/politics/world/news/mcconnell-said-he-hasnt-visited-the-white-house-in-over-2-months-because-he-doesnt-think-trumps-covid-19-protocols-are-safe/articleshow/78563462.cms

Trump boasts at Florida rally that he felt “so powerful” after his recovery from Covid-19 that he wanted to walk into the audience & “kiss everyone…Now they say I’m immune. I feel so powerful. I’ll walk into that audience. I’ll walk in there, I’ll kiss everyone in that audience. I’ll kiss the guys and the beautiful women and the -- everybody,” Trump said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-boasts-at-florida-rally-of-feeling-so-powerful/ar-BB19X6wr?ocid=msedgntp
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 05:15:37 am by Curelom »

cook

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: October 13, 2020, 08:46:29 am »

Trump boasts at Florida rally that he felt “so powerful” after his recovery from Covid-19 that he wanted to walk into the audience & “kiss everyone…Now they say I’m immune. I feel so powerful. I’ll walk into that audience. I’ll walk in there, I’ll kiss everyone in that audience. I’ll kiss the guys and the beautiful women and the -- everybody,” Trump said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-boasts-at-florida-rally-of-feeling-so-powerful/ar-BB19X6wr?ocid=msedgntp

Heard this part peacefully driving my car today,  from the news. Honestly, I nearly puked. I just cannot believe the whole situation. We are living a dystopia already.

(Greetings from Finland. I wish I could just block the US out of my mind)

Curelom

• MembersOnly
  • Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 13, 2020, 09:56:26 am »
Heard this part peacefully driving my car today,  from the news. Honestly, I nearly puked. I just cannot believe the whole situation. We are living a dystopia already.

(Greetings from Finland. I wish I could just block the US out of my mind)

Dystopia & kakistocracy. 🥺 Greetings to you too. Just keep those travel restrictions up. That's the best advice any American can give the rest of the world right now.

pnr

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 13, 2020, 05:22:22 pm »
White supremacists should be comforted knowing that his lukewarm condemnations were just because he “had to do it,” & he didn’t really mean it & isn’t going to toss them under the bus. 

You do know that Trump has on multiple occasions decried white supremacy?    And I've not seen anything suggesting that any white supremacists were identified in the audience, either individually or as a group?   Name calling isn't useful.   (And yes, I agree that going to any rally without masking is on the dumb side of decision making.)
Nauvoo 1270, Feb 2005

JLM

• MembersOnly
  • Hoggity Poggity Wiggity Wack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 13, 2020, 08:19:12 pm »
Yes.  Trump is quite deft at speaking out of both sides of his mouth.

The following users thanked this post: Iggy

Curelom

• MembersOnly
  • Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 13, 2020, 11:28:11 pm »
“I feel your pain because I’ve felt your pain.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-to-coronavirus-victims-i-feel-your-pain-because-i-ve-felt-your-pain/ar-BB19ZOuC?ocid=msedgntp

I'm afraid Cook might see that & actually lose it.

How many other people in pain had access to the utmost in care, including a military helicopter to & from a hospital 5-10 minutes away by car? How many were given priority for the very best known therapies, experimental treatments, & the top health experts in the country?

How many were allowed to gallivant outside & put on a show during their hospitalization, making other people expose themselves to possible infection? Think of all the old or infirm people in long-term care facilities who have passed with only a nurse or chaplain by their side, after being able to see their families only via a drive-by outside the windows. 😢

How many people suffered so much & came out gloating about how great they felt & how they were immune, with little or no indication of empathy for people who might be suffering or whom they might be endangering, then put on a bare-faced circus in front of a crowd of other unmasked people & said they felt so “powerful” that they wanted to kiss everyone in the audience? 🙄

We’re all sorry for your pain, but you have absolutely NO idea what the average common person has endured, whether from being seriously ill themselves, losing loved ones, being isolated, losing livelihoods, being a combination of employee or employer, father, mother, teacher, student, or other roles 24/7 from home, & all the other products of a pandemic that didn’t have to be this catastrophic. It’s awfully late now to make a show of caring about real people.

"We will beat this virus together,"

No, we will beat it in spite of you, with you looking on. America is great, always has been great, has always had great people, didn’t need to be “made great again,” but now needs to be made well again & made ours again.

The following users thanked this post: cook

cook

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 14, 2020, 08:14:36 am »
I feel for all of you who actually have to deal with this guy. I am so sorry.

I get politics. I get that bad guys can do good things. It has happened many times in the history of the world. It just does not make them good guys.

Curelom

• MembersOnly
  • Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 15, 2020, 12:15:17 am »
Who in the White House inner circle got infected while Trump was running around bare-faced, inciting freedom-loving people to refuse to wear masks, & holding dog & pony shows with people breathing & shouting all over each other… even saying he felt so terrific that he wanted to kiss everyone in the audience.

I already listed these in an earlier post. Now, add HIS OWN KID. Barron Trump tested positive. Donald, do you still want to have folks yelling in each other’s faces at your circuses? Do you still want to treat health measures as a political & philosophical issue, or do you think it's time to be a responsible parent?

Donald & Melania Trump
Stephen Miller, senior advisor
Katie Miller, Stephen's wife, who is on Karen Pence's staff
Hope Hicks, senior advisor
Kellyanne Conway, advisor
Kayleigh McEnany, press secretary & 4 people on her staff
Bill Stepien, campaign manager
Nick Luna, personal assistant
Ronna McDaniel, RNC chair
Admiral Charles Ray, USCG
Assorted other officials, roadies, & groupies:
Chris Christie
Mike Lee
Thom Tillis
Ron Johnson
Rev. Greg Laurie
Rev. John Jenkins
Several members of the WH press corps

...Secret Service agents, household staff, military aides, other employees or interns who have stayed on the job all these months, or members of their families, or Trump’s own family? How many people all of the above had contact with, maybe all hoping the virus would just "go away"?

And who knows how many more...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/who-in-president-trump-s-orbit-has-tested-positive-for-covid-19/ar-BB19EmX2?ocid=msedgntp
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 12:27:10 am by Curelom »

Curelom

• MembersOnly
  • Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: October 17, 2020, 01:43:24 am »

Sparky

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 17, 2020, 09:03:05 am »
This thread should be renamed as the anti-Republican thread or the anti-Trump thread or the pro-Democrat thread or pro-Biden thread because from what I can see, very little except those points of view get shared here.

JLM

• MembersOnly
  • Hoggity Poggity Wiggity Wack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 17, 2020, 09:50:01 am »
Well, Sparky, given the fact that voting out our inept, corrupt, morally bankrupt, wannabe tyrant of a president is the single most important issue in US politics right now, that makes perfect sense.

The following users thanked this post: Iggy, Sparky

Roper

• Administrator
  • Thousand Year Egg Club
  • Earning my spurs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 17, 2020, 11:28:50 am »
Members are always welcome to share a different perspective.
All grown-ups were once children...but only few of them remember it. ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, "The Little Prince."

The following users thanked this post: Sparky

Sparky

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 17, 2020, 02:20:33 pm »
Just thought I'd make a comment of what I noticed!  ;D

* Calendar

October 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10