Welcome to New Nauvoo

Author Topic: blessings of being at home with kids  (Read 141 times)

cook

• View Profile
blessings of being at home with kids
« on: May 15, 2017, 01:52:55 pm »
Well, the title might be a bit misleading...  ;)

My mother worked at home, taking care of other kids at home while I grew up. I felt it was important and good for me, so very early on I made the decision to be home with my children - doing the same work if necessary. The teachings I learnt at church made the conviction stronger, as well as many things I learnt while studying education and educational psychology.

Luckily it was clear to my husband as well. I was an elementary school teacher when we got married and when our first child was born, I had worked for two years.

Then I stayed at home for 13 years. (and studied to become a special education teacher)

When I felt it was ok to get back to work, I have been nothing but blessed. You hear so much of "your chances are gone" in many ways if you stay at home, and even more and more young mothers at church are no longer doing it even if they could afford it.

The permanent positions begin in fall, I felt like going back to work in January. I was led to apply to a job that wasn't quite what I wanted and during the interview I was offered a position that had not yet been opened, but that was perfect for me in many ways. Not only was it special education it offered me a broader experience than most other places would have and working very closely with the principal. Then I applied to the permanent position to a school I had wanted to ever since we moved here, to the kind of class I want to teach - and I just got it so easily. Now that I've been there for almost a year I was officially asked today to be the other vice principal (two share the job), which I accepted.

My work life has gone better than I could have even wish. It has just simply been perfect. I have gotten everything I wanted even the specific school, and even more.  And I do believe it is because I did what Heavenly Father wanted me to do and was a stay at home mother for 13 years.

It's always wonderful to see the blessings of things you know you did right, what ever they are.

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, Jana at Jade House, palmetto_gal, Roper

* Top Posters

Curelom
1041 Posts
Roper Roper
859 Posts
dyany dyany
720 Posts
LMAshton LMAshton
588 Posts
CrowGirl CrowGirl
402 Posts

* Board Statistics