Welcome to New Nauvoo

Author Topic: "The 14th Colony"  (Read 251 times)

Curelom

• View Profile
"The 14th Colony"
« on: January 03, 2017, 07:58:35 pm »
I have been hearing ads on the radio promoting a historical novel called The 14th Colony by Steve Berry. The ad leads off with a very provocative question: “What happens if both the president and vice-president-elect die before taking the oath of office?” That question also appears in the website page devoted to this novel.

http://steveberry.org/books/the-14th-colony/synopsis/

Checking the author’s website, I see that this book was published last fall, before the election. Presumably it was written before the political conventions that gave us two of the most abysmal POTUS candidates to ever taint our democratic process. But now that we are a few days from the inauguration, I wonder if anyone close to the PEOTUS or the Secret Service is looking with more than literary interest at the book, its plot, its author, & even its readers. Will people who buy this book find themselves under surveillance – in fact, am I now being watched because I googled the title & author?

I haven’t bought it, if indeed I will, & I won’t give out any of what the website synopsis says, in case anyone wants to read it cold. I won’t reveal what “the 14th Colony” refers to, except that it is neither the United States nor Russia. I will, however, answer the original question: under Constitutional provisions, nobody could just pop up & say, “I am in control here.” Speaker Paul Ryan would become President of the United States.

BTW. I’ve read one of Berry’s other novels, The Lincoln Myth, which might interest Church members.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 03:10:06 am by Curelom »

* Top Posters

Curelom
947 Posts
Roper Roper
821 Posts
dyany dyany
677 Posts
LMAshton LMAshton
552 Posts
CrowGirl CrowGirl
401 Posts