Welcome to New Nauvoo

Author Topic: LDS writers social network  (Read 302 times)

dyany

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My blog
LDS writers social network
« on: August 05, 2016, 03:37:06 pm »
OK, since I was put on the LDStorymakers Tribe leadership committee, I've been putting together a website/social network to offer a lot of resources to the group.  I wasn't asked to, I just kind of got a bee in my bonnet because I wanted something more than the facebook group could offer.  Because this is kind of a new thing, we're still trying to figure out what we want and what will work and how to best implement it.  We're up to kind of a testing phase, so I was wondering if anyone here would want to take a look.  The website is http://writerchat.dyany.com/ and you can just sign up.  I don't want to give too much info because part of the testing is seeing what an unled newbie's experience would be like.  But here's kind of the blurb I wrote about the purpose:
What if I told you, there is a place where you can be on the internet that can actually help with your writing process?
What if this place had just enough social interaction to help you stay sane--and it happened to be relevant to writing, as well?
What if this place had beta readers and helpful links and lists and groups?  What if you could not only talk writing, and not only talk writing with other LDS writers, but with LDS authors who write in your chosen genre?  What if this place had an easy to read calendar of writing events?  What if you could connect with LOCAL LDS writers there?  What if you could find various types of writing instruction there?  What if it even had a little button you could click to listen to music carefully cultivated to listen to while writing?
"Is this heaven?" You might ask.  No.  It's not even Iowa.  It's The Storymakers Tribe Network.  And we made it just for you.

Randy

• View Profile
Re: LDS writers social network
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 03:50:22 pm »
Seems like it could be a good thing, once you get some more activity and membership going.  Of course that will take time.  Other than that, it seems like everything works to me.

The following users thanked this post: dyany

dyany

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 07:10:00 pm »
Thanks Randy!  You're our first tester, actually.  We're hoping to extend invitations to a few more people this week, make a few more tweaks, and then announce it more officially and see how things go. 

Palmon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 11:06:40 pm »
I went over and looked around. It looks like it will be a great resource and place to 'meet' other writers. Maybe I am the only one who is not familiar with LDSstorymakers and LDSstorymaker Tribe, but I would have liked to see a page explaining what it is.
It also looks like you are committed to do a lot of work that will be amazing when done. That just makes me more in awe of your abilities. I'd give you a round of applause, if I knew how.

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, dyany

* Top Posters

Curelom
822 Posts
Roper Roper
714 Posts
dyany dyany
610 Posts
LMAshton LMAshton
467 Posts
CrowGirl CrowGirl
377 Posts