Welcome to New Nauvoo

Author Topic: PRAYER LIST  (Read 19791 times)

ketchupqueen

• View Profile
Re: PRAYER LIST
« Reply #345 on: December 21, 2017, 12:08:12 pm »
Oh man pneumonia on flu on asthma is no joke. :( Best wishes and prayers.

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton

Scruffydog

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 22, 2017, 02:30:46 am »
I have to say that those were some powerful prayers being said. She certainly isn't cured, because any moving around has her gasping and wheezing, but as long as she lies down she is fine. As a result, the hospital let her go yesterday, and Christmas is back on at Casa Scruffy! Thank you all so much for your prayers, and I'm sure that she will start improving soon. At least I can see her now without having to put on a hazmat suit.... If I'm not back on in the meantime, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of Nauvoo (past and present) from a reunited Scruffy clan xxx

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, dyany, palmetto_gal, Roper, ketchupqueen

Palmon

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 22, 2017, 04:38:12 pm »
I am so sorry to hear that she is going through this. It is great news that she is home. We will continue to offer prayers for her recovery.

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, Scruffydog

Curelom

• Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 10, 2018, 01:22:35 am »
Scruffy, how is Sister Scruffy doing? I hope she’s continued to mend well. The flu is especially wicked here this year & it seems half the people I know have had it. I may have just had it, or perhaps it was a bad cold, but it was an unpleasant couple of weeks. Anyone with pneumonia, bronchitis, or other nasty respiratory ailments has my sympathy. :(

If anyone is ailing that I don’t know about, you’ll be in my prayers as “Sick Nauvoodle.” I know the Lord will know who that is.

All of California would appreciate any spare prayers. Nature bashed us again. The major wildfire in Ventura County that began in early December, & became the largest ever in California, was finally put under total containment a few days ago. New Year’s weekend & we’re fighting wildfires  ::) . We hadn’t had huge rainstorms in a few weeks, but then one moved over the entire state over the last two days, with 7-10 inches of rain in some places. And because the wildfires in Ventura County (near Santa Barbara, north of Los Angeles, for those who don’t know California) were so recent, there hasn’t been new plant growth to replace what was burned, & the soil is in bad shape, & there’s ash & loose fire debris instead of buildings on foundations, & you name it, overall conditions were ripe for disaster. And it happened last night while folks were asleep – like in Santa Rosa where the wildfire sprang up in the middle of the night & dozens of people never had a chance. IIRC, Santa Barbara or Ventura county was where Jacaré used to live; I don’t remember which town.

At least 13 people are dead. More probably, once the searches are complete. Any prayers may help people needing help or needing comfort.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/us/article/California-storm-follows-fires-bringing-new-12483375.php

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-evacuation-montecito-20180109-story.html

The following users thanked this post: Scruffydog

Scruffydog

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 10, 2018, 08:54:31 am »
Hi Curelom,

Sorry to see that things aren't improving for California in the new year. Mrs Scruffy is feeling a lot better, but her peak flow is poor still. Her normal is 420 (mine is 650), and she has been told that if she drops below 200 she needs to go to hospital. She is consistently between 200 and 250, dipping below 200 in the evenings until she uses an inhaler. As long as it comes back above 200 after the inhaler, I'm not insisting on an ambulance, but at the slightest hint that it isn't climbing again, she'll be off to hospital again. For the first couple of nights there last time, they were waking her every 2-3 hours throughout the night to nebulise her; that shows how serious it was. She's beyond that but isn't fully right. She insisted on going back to work as a primary school teacher today, so I have no idea how that will work out but I suspect not well. As long as she makes it home, though, we're golden.

Jana at Jade House

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 11, 2018, 04:06:32 am »
Scruffy...such a worry indeed. You have my prayers.

Sometime back, because I feel like the captain of a tiny ship on really rough seas with no crew, I started a prayer group on facebook ( strictly private) to help give strength to my little voice as I pray my kids into adulthood.
I post updates periodically when I feel a situation is bigger than one mama prayer...so here is the last post for those who are not on Facebook:

I just got off the phone with a very teary unhappy Sweet pea. She has not been happy in London and it is going downhill, in spite of working with distinction at the university. I sensed something was going on at Christmas and it's obvious she's even lost weight. I was just waiting for her to open up. and boyhowdy, she called. after crying on a professors shoulder and being told to call mom. I was able to cheer her up at least for now.
Our GP here refuses to send her to an endocrinologist. I am positive having a full work up will show she has one of the several hormone problems that our women display.
It might not be an easy fix but maybe she will get some relief.
She is in the process of intake for a London GP. Already the intake nurse was surprised she's never had a thyroid test. In any case she has access to another GP practice for 6 months that might finally figure out a medical intervention so she can live the rest of her life .
So help me pray that she gets help, that she gets answers, that her London medicos are sharp gifted and competent.
oh and that I do not completely become an insomniac.
any spare prayer is so appreciated...

Jana at Jade House

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 30, 2018, 03:59:17 am »
The greater my side of the family clan got terrible news yesterday. My brother's second son is found dead. at 32. There is a whole lot of background and misery that I am too overwrought to even talk about.  But today my poor brother and his wife fly out to reclaim Theodore and organize his affairs.  Without details.  They are nearly catatonic in their grief.

I know our Ted is where he needs to be now. He will heal. He will be taught. He will progress.  That he did not fulfil his life's calling is a tragedy. But I am comforted that he is out of his psychic pain no matter how self inflicted.  I yearn to extend that comfort to my brother. Alas.  I hate to hear my Timmy cry.

I am worried about my brother's heart health.
I am worried they will be confronted with the web of madness and misery Ted is leaving behind.
I am worried about Teed's common law spouse, as they were in the midst of Colorado divorce law....and she was sos afraid he would die from his choices, now this.
there is guilt enough for everyone.
I am praying that my brother survives this .

The following users thanked this post: Roper

LMAshton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 30, 2018, 08:42:17 am »
I am so sorry for your brother and Sweet Pea, Jana. Prayers will be said.
Nauvoo Member #701 aka quidscribis, joined April 2003

The following users thanked this post: Jana at Jade House, Roper

lil_potoo

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 01, 2018, 02:04:16 pm »
Hey guys. Some prayers for my nephew Landon. He's at the doctor's right now he may have that super nasty flu and they may have to take him to the hospital. I'm very worried for my boy. Thank you friends.

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 01, 2018, 02:51:23 pm »
Losing a son is an incredibly difficult thing. That happened to a family in our ward a year and a half ago, and it still seems overwhelming.

I hope he gets over the flu. I had a nasty upper respiratory infection, which I think was the flu. Among other things, I lost some hearing, which is only finally getting healing after a month.

LMAshton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 02, 2018, 10:42:43 pm »
Prayers will be said for all.

LMAshton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 07, 2018, 01:09:26 am »
Prayers for Sri Lanka, please. Rioting, mobs, vandalism. Sinhalese vs. Muslims with the Sinhalese being the instigators. The government declared a state of emergency yesterday, which means the army can act as police - theoretically, that will mean the violence can't spread as much. If it gets really bad, checkpoints will spring up everywhere like they did while the war was on.

Internet is shut off in Kandy, where most of this is happening. I have zero access to facebook - it was spotty in the morning, then shut down entirely an hour or two ago. I have no access to messenger, either. I suspect other social media services will follow suit. No idea how long any of this will last.

The following users thanked this post: Jana at Jade House, Roper, Palmon

Curelom

• Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 07, 2018, 01:32:48 am »
Prayers going forth. Every religion has a version of the Golden Rule. May those folks remember theirs.

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton

Jana at Jade House

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 07, 2018, 03:09:43 am »
Who knew that nauvoo would be another way for Laurie to get news out. I am worried and praying my dear.  Love to you both.

LMAshton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 07, 2018, 08:38:43 am »
By order of the government, social media is shut down in Sri Lanka. Meanwhile, the police and army do absolutely nothing but watch the rioters when they’re Sinhalese. Last I heard, I think it was 15 homes and shops were destroyed and one boy burned to death. This is really not good. Fahim’s wondering if he should go to mosque on Friday. I’m voting no. We have enough produce for another four or five days. We have enough food to last for a while, it just won’t be as good or as nutritious as with fresh veggies.

The following users thanked this post: Roper

* Top Posters

Curelom
1244 Posts
Roper Roper
1034 Posts
dyany dyany
786 Posts
LMAshton LMAshton
647 Posts
CrowGirl CrowGirl