Welcome to New Nauvoo

Author Topic: PRAYER LIST  (Read 15788 times)

Iggy

• View Profile
Re: PRAYER LIST
« Reply #315 on: October 01, 2017, 08:57:35 pm »
Please pray for me, my family. My oldest brother passed last night. I am okay with his passing. His health was bad. I knew this day would come.

I need prayers specifically for the strength to forgive his wife. She neglected him, left him home alone with little food while she traipsed all over the state and into Canada to gamble.

I know that this animosity I feel is wrong. Until it is gone, there is no way I can go see the rest of my family or to see her without physically pummeling her to within an inch of her rotten life.

My niece needs me now more than ever. Her Dad is gone, her mother is and has been out to lunch for quite some time now. My older sister and younger brother are no help to her.

Elder Hales passes surrounded by his loving family. My brother passed with no one there with him.

The only thing keeping me from driving up there (to Lynnwood, WA) is I have two Dr appointments next week that CANNOT be cancelled. 

LMAshton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 01, 2017, 10:04:43 pm »
You'll have my prayers, Iggy. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Nauvoo Member #701 aka quidscribis, joined April 2003

The following users thanked this post: Iggy

Curelom

• Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 01, 2017, 10:23:30 pm »
I am very sorry to hear this, Iggy. You & your family will be in my prayers too.

The following users thanked this post: Iggy

Curelom

• Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 02, 2017, 06:58:53 am »
People in other time zones (& night-owl Americans) already know this & have been talking about in online, but the American people are going to wake up to another horrible news report.

Prayers & sympathies going out to the city of Las Vegas & the 50+ people killed & 400+ injured in this terrible atrocity.

Motive unknown at the moment.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:01:36 am by Curelom »

Curelom

• Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 17, 2017, 12:54:09 am »
I guess I’ve been in the Cabin but neglected to post it here. Prayers continuing for California wildfire victims. :(

The one in Orange County, closer to the Ketchups & Crows, is mostly over. The ones in the Napa-Sonoma area started late Sunday night (the 8th) & took off so rapidly that 3-4 hours later, I had heavy smoke over my neighborhood 60-70 miles away. At least 41 people are dead, 350 square miles burned, $3B in known property lost (close to 6000 homes, businesses, & other buildings burned including almost 3000 residences in Santa Rosa alone), thousands still evacuated. I don’t think I know anyone who has died or lost a home, but until this is over, no one can be sure. At least Steve & Theresa, two of my dearest friends who are just outside the fire area, are fine.

The current fires are around Napa, Fairfield, Sonoma, Calistoga, and Healdsburg. Midweek last week, the Oakland Temple (check map for locations) closed for 2 days because the air filtering systems were overwhelmed by the heavy smoke these fires produced all over the Bay Area.

pnr

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 17, 2017, 11:50:01 am »
Iggy, you never mentioned how you got through your brother's funeral.   Hope  you and niece are doing well.   When I read your post, I wonder if it is any comfort to you that your brother is no longer alone where he is now.

I guess it is much easier for an outsider to see that really messing up stuff like your SIL has apparently done is pitiable.   A good example of "pray for those who despitefully use you".
Nauvoo 1270, Feb 2005

Iggy

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 17, 2017, 03:21:41 pm »
Iggy, you never mentioned how you got through your brother's funeral.   Hope  you and niece are doing well.   When I read your post, I wonder if it is any comfort to you that your brother is no longer alone where he is now.

I guess it is much easier for an outsider to see that really messing up stuff like your SIL has apparently done is pitiable.   A good example of "pray for those who despitefully use you". 

I went up and Niece's boyfriend turned the whole visit sour. I wrote in my word program what occurred, he said, she said, I said, we did. 5 pages of size 11 Arial Narrow with narrow boarders and 1.5 spacing set on 0 -0. Saved it to a pdf file and am in the middle of sending it all to Niece's other Aunt - Mom's sister. Mom will listen to her own sister.

My heart is broken for my niece and SIL. What I can see that needs to be done is get rid of boyfriend totally. Mom move in with daughter and Mom lives in the downstairs bedroom (it is quite large and has a fireplace and two daylight basement windows.) There is a really nice full bathroom there. Mom can pay the rent, utilities. Daughter can clean and cook (which she is passionate and OCD about). Get Mom out of the filthy house, get all the STUFF packed up and moved into the storage unit. Then hire a dependable contractor to come and fix Mom & Dad's home. Update appliances or remove them totally. What is there barely works. Rip out the nasty carpets and put down pergo [or something similar], put in newer, lighter cabinets in the bathrooms and paint everything with nice light colors. Get rid of the dark Mediterranean colors. Clean the fireplace, repair the furnace, update the windows and the sliding glass door at the dining room that leads to the back balcony - then sell the damn house. The houses on each side of theirs had everything upgraded & fixed and sold for $750,000 & $890,000 each. As her house is now she'd be damn lucky to get $400,000 for it.

Once Mom is moved in with Daughter - Mom's Sister and her daughter & DIL's need to go through all of the items in the storage unit, price them and SELL SELL SELL. Mom is a shopaholic. She buys things she doesn't even need, will never use. She doesn't even buy them as future gifts for the nieces and nephews. Her 3,000 sq ft home was filled from the floors to the rafter with STUFF. Never used, never out of their boxes/bags STUFF.

My brothers memorial will be this coming Saturday the 21st at the LDS Meetinghouse near his home. The only way I could go is if my little brother's son & his wife are going, for me to stay at their home in Portland, OR on the 20th- drive up and then spend one more night before coming home on the 22nd. I have a dental appointment on the 23rd and CANNOT change it.

My nephew and niece-in-law are living with her parents - in their garage apartment. So that won't fly. All the AirBnB's near the meetinghouse and within my price range are booked. So - will not be attending.

Curelom

• Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 05, 2017, 11:17:30 pm »
Can you believe it is three weeks to Christmas & the California wildfire season is not over? :(

We’re sorry to ask for more prayers, but they are needed again, two months after the North Bay/Wine Country wildfires killed 44 people & destroyed 9,000 homes. The offshore winds picked up yesterday & fanned what might have been small fires into infernos that have destroyed scores of buildings & caused thousands to evacuate. These are from the east, called Santa Ana winds in SoCal or Diablo’s in the north, which bring warm, dry air instead of the moisture carried by ocean winds.

Now it is Southern California, with several separate fires. One is in Ventura County & has put 27,000 people on mandatory evacuation, & burned a private psychiatric hospital to the ground (everyone was rescued). Another is in the San Fernando Valley, the northern part of Los Angeles (IINM, this is about 20 miles from the Ketchup family); the area borders on the Angeles National Forest, which burns with fairly predictable frequency. Another is in San Bernardino, also in an area bordering a national forest.

As is customary, fire crews from the state & local departments all over California are on the way. In such cases, they drive to the command centers in rigs from their own agencies to be given assignments. If you’re visiting California & traveling on main roads like I-5 or 395, do not be surprised if you see fire rigs from Fresno, Oakland, San Francisco, Salinas, or Sacramento heading south. The official end of wildfire season is in November, & now seasonals are having to be recalled. Santa Rosa, the Sonoma County city hit hardest in October, is among the cities sending firefighters; they said they had received help from all over the state & now it’s their turn to help.

The following users thanked this post: Roper

Jana at Jade House

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 06, 2017, 02:59:29 am »
the Ketchups are evaded and safe, even the cat...it is a story of faith and small mercies and wonders.
Harare and co are moved from Ventura but have ties. So they are posting on going offers of horse movers, insurance checks, and free food for responders.

So much positive in the middle of misery.

The following users thanked this post: Curelom, Roper

ketchupqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 07, 2017, 01:09:24 am »
We live right near the Angeles Crest, very close to Sylmar. The fire at its closest point is about 3 miles away from our home last I checked but it is all homes from us to there so very well defended. We aren't too worried for our house but have obeyed the mandatory evac order. Our ward Christmas party was supposed to be Saturday but is postponed because the church is in the mandatory evac zone and so are about 3/4 of ward members.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 01:46:49 am by ketchupqueen »

The following users thanked this post: Curelom

Curelom

• Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 07, 2017, 01:13:54 am »
Jana, are you saying the Ketchups evacuated with their cat? If so, I'm sorry to hear that but relieved that they are safe.

You must mean Jacaré. I had to scratch my head for a couple of seconds. ;) Yes, they’ve moved out of state, but glad they are able to help.

At the moment, what I am in a position to do is donate again to orgs that offer disaster relief, & to LDS Humanitarian Fund, & be read to join Mormon Helping Hands if called. And of course, prayers for residents & emergency responders.

Curelom

• Thousand Year Egg Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 07, 2017, 01:17:22 am »
I see that KQ just posted, so I'll just reply instead of editing.

Prayers & good thoughts going your way, KQ. I'm glad you're safe for now, & hope & pray the weather cooperates & the fire crews can get some containment tonight while it's cooler & the winds are calmer.

P.S. Ketchupqueen, did you move? I thought you lived farther east.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 01:21:28 am by Curelom »

The following users thanked this post: ketchupqueen

ketchupqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 07, 2017, 01:37:02 am »
No, since we moved back to California we've always been in the Crescenta Valley, where I grew up. (My dad evacuated and is staying in the rental we got too. My mom is in the next city over, 3 blocks east of the mandatory line. She and sister have bags and cars packed but don't have to go yet.)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:02:44 am by ketchupqueen »

ketchupqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 07, 2017, 11:39:56 am »
Today is the worst fire risk day in recorded history for L.A. (A fire risk index of 175 is considered extreme risk. Today is 286. Worst ever issued.) There is a purple flag warning. First ever. The wind has already been so bad this week that several fires were spreading at a rate of 1 acre/second.

If some idiot drops a cigarette and starts ANOTHER fire, I would not rule out a vigilante mob going after them.

I sure hope things calm down after tonight. The wind isn't supposed to entirely behave until Saturday, but hopefully today will be the worst and hopefully it will not be as bad as they fear.

Gale-force winds destroyed our mailbox. We put a hold on our mail until Monday and we have to get a new one this weekend.

ketchupqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 07, 2017, 02:02:48 pm »
They just updated the evac border again. We're back under mandatory and so is Jeff's office (and our storage space.)

* Top Posters

Curelom
1090 Posts
Roper Roper
891 Posts
dyany dyany
744 Posts
LMAshton LMAshton
606 Posts
CrowGirl CrowGirl
402 Posts