Welcome to New Nauvoo

Author Topic: Iggy's Ramblings  (Read 3055 times)

Iggy

• View Profile
Re: Iggy's Ramblings
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2016, 03:20:09 am »
Five out of six things were good today.
One: The Endocrinologist called at 8:45 this morning ~ they finally received my chart notes from my PC provider. After three months of their office and me calling the PC provider AND when I was there for my followup to my blood work up.

Two: Went to the NEW PC Provider's office and picked up the New Patient paperwork for Hubby and I to fill out prior to our scheduled appointments. It is the new PCProvide's policy to wait until after the first office visit before he requests patient data. It is also his policy to give the patient COPIES of such requests for them to keep.  ;D YEAH!

Three: Went to breakfast at one of my favorite little cafe's - wasn't crowded, I only had 50 minutes to order and eat. The new cook is wonderful

Four: Went to my Hygienist and got my few teeth cleaned.

Bonus: Meandered around Walmart - got bagged lettuce, square gallon of Vanilla ice cream, and three other things that I have forgotten. Spent under 26.00$.

Five: Went to old PC Provider and picked up MY copy of My chart notes that they FINALLY faxed to the Endocrinologist yesterday just before closing.

NOT A BONUS: Got absolutely drenched walking from the old PCP to my parked car. Took me approximately 14 steps- The rain drops were massive pregnant drops and it was a sheet of rain!  Once I got home I only had time to put the measly groceries away, go and towel dry my hair, and get another dry water proof jacket to wear to my next appointment.

SIX ~ this is the mostly bad one: The final appointment today. My right buttock bone hurts. The pain level was about an 8, and it radiated down the back of my leg and under my foot ending between the big toe and the next toe. The pain caused me to gimp along and wince each time my right foot made contact with the ground.

This appointment was with my chiropractor.  He did his thing, my body popped like bubble wrap, cracked like dry twigs and when he did that thing to my neck at least the heated zinging ceased at my fingertips.

I paid, and made it out to my car - then the real fun began. It was as if my body was gelling up - or drying up and I had one HECK of a chore to keep the car in my lane! At least there were no groceries to bring in, just my TOO HUGE purse. By the time I hit the bathroom - the pain level was 15 and felt like it was rising.

I took two 600MG Gabapentin, two 220 mg Aleve, drank 24 oz of water and went to bed. I set the alarm for 1.5 hours so I could get up to feed Hubby and his son. I got up, went to the bathroom, put on a pair of heavy socks, gimped out to the living room, took ONE Gabapentin and TWO Aleve's, drank 8 oz of water and told Hubby that he and Son should go to out for dinner, that I was going back to bed.

Slept from 5:45 PM to 9:25 PM. The pain level was down to 3. Or in other words, down to normal. I have no clue as to what they ate. I ate a bowl of cold, white Jasmine rice with cinnamon, sugar and half-n-half.

Tomorrow I HAVE to clean the kitchen of my week long messes, put a Pork Butt Bone-In roast in the large cast iron dutch oven and cook it. Think I will not only add fresh potatoes, mini-peeled carrots, 3/4" length celery chunks, one HUGE onion (bigger than a softball) chunked up, but also frozen Brussels Sprouts.

If I get knocked down with pain again, Son can take the dutch oven out of the oven, set the table and he and Pop can eat.

If I knew anyone who had a hot tub, I would invade them. Not just drop in on them with swim suit in hand - but invade them.

Chiropractor told me to sleep on my back with a few pillows under my knees. My pillows are rather flat - Guess I will go get my Queen size blanket that is in the Ziploc Jumbo Bag. THAT should be high and firm enough to put under my knees. I can't even get comfortable in my recliner! We are out of the Super Duper Knock You Out Pain Pills.

Oh seems that I cannot give away my 7.5' long x 39" high x 35" deep sofa. So, Son and I are going to saw it into piece, put said pieces into Pop's Chevy Colorado truck and the two of them can haul it to the dump. We need at least 4 grown men to hoist the blasted thing out of the house in one piece. Son is one, but the 6 Priesthood holders who will be home at the time we need to haul it can't help.  >:( [where is the mumbling gremlin??? seriously need him and his cousins here.]

Sawing that thing up will be fun. I really hate, detest, hate, dislike, did I say hate? that thing. Never wanted it in the first place. Now I don't want anything to replace it. I have my recliner, and three rocking chairs to choose from to put where that flapping sofa was.

Now to find fabric to make curtain for the living room. 3 large windows. Want plaid. Haven't a clue what color. Just know it needs to be plaid.

As a child I would have hid in the attic days before I would have worn any color of plaid. Or have the plaid bedspread that Grandma put on my bed, and the lamp shade that she and Mom covered with that same plaid. They had no clue I was in the attic crawlspace. They did discover my food scraps in the kitchen, my dirty clothes in the hamper along with the wet towels and wash cloth. Mom thought I was hiding out behind the root vegetable bin in the basement. Nope, too damp and cold there.

I ended up putting it in the crib with baby sister, taking off her diaper so she would mess on it. Mom finally figured it out and put them on older sisters beds in their room. Now 58 years later I would love to have those bedspreads, the wool skirts in those plaids now. Like these: http://www.dhgate.com/product/2014-new-fashion-long-maxi-thick-a-line-skirts/214309811.html?utm_source=pla&utm_medium=GMC&utm_campaign=jamp&utm_term=214309811&f=bm%7c214309811%7c014031-Women%27sClothing%7cGMC%7c246818428%7cpla%7cjamp%7cUS%7c014031014-Skirts%7cc%7c%7c&gclid=CjwKEAjwydK_BRDK34GenvLB61YSJACZ8da3IoTSMGH5H5jGTxqaelwfrYsXUGDRtSKyUXQCKlwu9xoClhnw_wcB

End of rather long Ramble. The pills are working

Iggy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2016, 12:53:38 pm »
After a scary trip to the ER with severe stomach cramps and pain, then being admitted to the hospital with Acute Pancreatitis, I realized that my health is out of control.

My older brother has been hospitalized three times in as many months - the first two for his heart, the last was a blockage in his colon/rectum.

My older sister is on dialysis three times a week and is going blind- thanks to this villain Diabetes.

My family all have diabetes. Mom and oldest sister passed due to complications of diabetes. The rest of us (two brothers and two sisters plus myself) struggle with keeping it under control.

Tuesday the 15th was my first visit to the Endocrinologist in Corvallis. I felt good - jazzed about the visit. Not once was I made to feel like a total failure at not keeping my sugars in check.

I was fortunate enough to also get in to see the Diabetic Nutritionist there. She adjusted my OTC meds - had me stop taking the Super B-complex actually and start taking B12 and D3.

Then around 11:45pm the following night is when the pains started. By 12:45 AM Raymond took me to the hospital. I was admitted by 1:30 AM. My *mid-drift was swollen and so hard you could bounce a 50 cent piece off of it. Oh, the pain!! Being bent in half was the only way to ease away most of it.

While I was in the hospital, my sugars really didn't lower. Being so sick is one of the reasons.

Since then, I have followed the Endocrinologists Daily Log plan and the Nutritionists meal Log. Actually the two are combined on one record sheet.

I test 8 times a day - inject Humalog three times (before each meal) and do the Lantus before bed time.

After my hospital stay, I am now on a Low-Fat diet also. 45 carbs per meal and Low Fat. Ooooh, that is really going to be hard for this Norwegian (Daddy was Norwegian) gal. I love me my copious amounts of real salted butter, sour cream, half-n-half (in place of whole milk), cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, colby cheese, cheeses of many kinds and flavors, & chunky peanut butter. I had also just discovered the joys of avocado's too! Bummer!

It has been 11 days since I was discharged and following the directions of the Endocrinologist and Nutritionist - my morning fasting sugars average 160, where before they were in the high 200's and mid 300's!

My before meal sugars average: 143, after meal sugars average:166, with an average increase of 23. Much, much better than before. My sugars aka carbs are really not affected by the low-fat part of the diet.

I see the Nutritionist on the 8th of December. Will then learn what the maximum amount of fat I can consume along with some menu and recipe suggestions - - I hope.

Then another appointment with the Endocrinologist Family Nurse Practitioner. We will go over my sugar counts and make any adjustments to the insulin if needed.

It would be really helpful if us diabetics in the South Lincoln County area formed a closed group FB page.

Today I feel jazzed, alert, and eager to be on the road to recovery. I will always be diabetic, BUT I will be in control of it and not the other way around.  ;D

Palmon

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2016, 02:45:04 pm »
That sounds like it was a horrible, painful experience. Giving up beloved fats is a small price to pay to be pain free and healthier but so hard.  I hope your health continues to get better and no more hospitalizations!

The following users thanked this post: Iggy

Iggy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2016, 03:12:08 am »
I had my meeting with the Diabetic Nutritionist this morning. One the bonuses is she is a member of the Church, and knows that I am too.

I now know that I am to keep the fat limit to 10 mgs per meal, and lower my carb intake to 30 per meal. I wasn't eating the original 45 per meal anyway. After telling her what was in my cupboards, freezers and fridge - she made me up some daily menus.

She also explained to me the work the pancreas does, and how I have been seriously overtaxing it by eating the copious amounts of fat AND not being in control of my diabetes. She praised me for the proactive work I have already done, for getting my average sugars down from 350+ to 185 and less. For losing 4 pounds since my last weigh in (2 weeks ago), and for keeping the Daily Food-Glucose-Insulin logs. I do however need to take my before bed glucose, then do the Lantus injection.

I told her that since coming home from the hospital, I have noticed that I am feeling the cold. I have been the one to go and put on the long sleeved, long legged PJ's AND turning up the heat about two hours after the sun has set. I sit in my recliner with my quilt on my lap AND not have my floor fan on and aimed at me to cool me down. Fred, my old man cat, loves to cuddle with me when I sit in my recliner - but I have to have the quilt on my so his claws don't do damage to me.

I haven't slept with a window open either. TOO cold.

She explained that with my sugars coming down that my internal heater is reduced in volume. Okay, now I will have to hunt down the box that has all of my socks in it. Since marrying Hubby and moving to AZ 12 years ago, I haven't worn socks - BUT they were all in really good condition and they were given to me by my late oldest sister for the last 3 Christmas's of her life. Ever Christmas she would give me a dozen pairs of socks. Half were almost knee highs and half were anklets.

Knowing how lo-fat I can go, helps me to plan some meals. Like I can have 1 C of low-fat cottage cheese with 1 can of fruit, drained. THAT is a lot of food. So, I make it 1/2 cup each and add small garden salad w/Pomegranate & Blueberry Vinaigrette (0% everything), 1.5 oz cubed, grilled chicken.

For lunch today I ate at my fav restaurant. One of their lunch specials is 1/2 cold meat sandwich, cup of soup and slice of pie. You can sub a tossed salad for the soup or the pie. So today I had a turkey sandwich, cup of veg beef soup and a tossed salad. Filled me up, and didn't break the carb/fat limit. Win-Win. 

Iggy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2017, 05:43:13 pm »
Since my first appointment with my new PCP I have lost 10.2 pounds (4.63 kg). My bra's are too big! I have two that will fit, but eventually I will need to purchase new ones.

Most of my blouses are too large also, but thankfully they don't slip off the shoulder. My pants are loose too. Guess I could get out my husbands too small for him belts and see if they are a fit for me. I just bought these 5 pairs of jeans shortly before JanaLynn came to visit! Way too new to be giving away.

Went today for my first visit in 9 years to the Podiatrist. My right big toenail looks awful! I just couldn't get it trimmed or cleaned up properly. Same with the nails on my left foot. With my very sore and stiff left wrist it was quite the chore.

The Dr trimmed Ms Big Toe and tidied her up a bit, then he filed the rest of her siblings on both feet. Even though I have neuropathy, I have good circulation and feeling in both feet. He did that run the metal object along the sole of my foot - I liked to jump off the table! Oh, tickled - a lot!

Part of my paternal heritage is hairy feet. Yep, dark longish hair growing on the top of my toes and on the top of my foot. Not quite as hairy as Hobbit feet, but hairy enough that if my sisters and I wanted to wear sandals or go barefoot we had to shave the tops of our feet. My neices share the same affliction, as do their brothers. Doesn't seem to bother the boys much. Must be a *Man* thing.

Well, I am way older - have silver white hair now. Can hardly see the hair on my arms and there no longer is any hair on the legs worth wasting shaving lotion on. So I asked the Dr ~
Me: Since you are right there take a look and see if I still have hair on my toes and feet.
Dr: Yep, it's there. Real fine and blond colored.
Dr: Guess you know that is a sign of good blood circulation?
Me: Yep. Thank heavens

I got all *A's* on my Foot(s) Examination.

Just wait until you are old (64 yr. 7 mo.), diabetic w/ neuropathy, 2/5 stoved up. You will be thrilled with a good report on such a simple check up. THAT and I am still losing weight. Yipppiiieee!

On the way home, Husband requested that we go home so he could have oatmeal for breakfast. I was done at the Dr at 10:35AM  So home we went, he had oatmeal I had 1/3 C. no fat yogurt, 1/2 serving granola and 1 cup blue & black berry mix.

My carb count went up 21 units after 1.5 hours of eating. Yiiipppiiieee!

I will see the Dr on 14th of March at 9:45 AM to have my nails trimmed and do a Well Foot check.

My insurance pays for me to go in every 9 weeks to have my nails done and for a Well Foot check. Better believe I am taking advantage of that perk.

Edited to correct the spelling of ~ ~neuropathy.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 08:23:47 am by Iggy »

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton

Iggy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2017, 09:01:52 am »
January was one busy month for me. Medical appointments every week and sometimes two a week.

My A1C's went from 13 to 8.4. I have lost more weight. Another 10 pounds. I am seeing the Diabetic Nutritionist about every 3 weeks. She and my Endocrinologist have teamed up to adjust when I take my insulin. Rather than just do a base amount plus sliding scale if sugars are over 150 - my base amount is dependent on the total carbs I will be eating.

:o So I have to prepare in advance and know what  I am going to eat, and I have to - - - repeat: Have To eat a serving of protein, carbs, and free vegetables. So breakfast of two eggs with one serving of carbs aka one slice of toast and then a serving of vegetables scrambled in with the eggs. Chopped onions, celery, fresh spinach, chopped tomatoes, zucchini, asparagus, broccoli ~ ~ and/or any/all of them. Carbs equal 15. I could also have hash browns - cooked in very little fat. One serving is 15 carbs. So for every carb serving (15 grams) I am gong to eat, then I need to inject 5 units of HumaLog insulin.

I have been eating one serving of No Fat, low carb (9 g) plain yogurt, 1 cup of mixed frozen berries (53 g carbs), and 1/3 cup of All Bran Buds (24 g carbs). Total carbs=73.5. Because the berries and the bran have a combined total of 25g I can subtract 1/2 of that total from the carbs. So, 73.5 g divided by 3= 26.7, so my base insulin amount is 27 units. Then I test my blood sugars and if they are under 150, I don't add anymore insulin.

When I got home from church my blood sugar was clear down to 67. I was shaking so bad I could hardly fix anything to eat. We opted for soup. So I had New England Clam Chowder and a whole sleeve of soda crackers. Yes, that was probably over doing the carbs - Came to a grand total of 124 carbs. I injected only 31 units instead of 41 because that was all that was in the pen, and injecting 10 from a new refrigerated pen is PAIN FULL to say the least. On a scale of 1 to 10 it is a 20.

An hour AFTER I finished eating my sugars were 169. Not that great. Would have been better had I only eaten half of the crackers.

I tried going to bed at 11:30 pm. Was so very tired. Got all tucked in, fell asleep and then  three hours later my feet are blistery hot, pain zinging and razor sharp pulses. It even hurts to stand on then. Into the shower I go. HOT water and gentle scrubbing. Put the plug in and stand in the water. When the pain is reduced then it is time to get out, get dried and rub BioFreeze into my feet and ankles. Now the hands are zinging and pulsing. Geesh! So, add more BioFreeze and rub in.

Get into the jammies, get into the bed. Adjust & turn on the Cpap, turn off the light and just start to fall asleep when my calves cramp up!!! For crying out  loud. Get up out of bed and pace to walk the cramps off AND then the muscles around the rig cage, sides, shoulder blades CRAMP. I hit the kitchen and make up a glass of G2o, drink it down, fill it up with plain water, drink that, then one more glass of water and take it to my desk.

Here I sit, at the computer. If I stand then my feet zing up to my hips. I can't even sit off to one side to let Fred (my cat) sit next to me. I am oh so tempted to take two or three Zaleplon 10MG capsules. They are my Help Me Get To Sleep pills. I won't take that many.

The pulsing/zinging is gone from the hands. Oh, light bulb just went off in the head. I should have tested my blood sugars when I first got out here. Don't know if that would have anything to do with it. Oooops, it is 215. WAY too high. Thank you G2o - 8 oz of you really spikes my blood sugars.

I'll read some more, than waddle--stump--waddle--stump off to bed.

Getting old is not for the feeble of body and faint of heart. No sirree.

Curelom

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2017, 01:51:58 am »
Gínite, Iggy. Sleep tight.

Donít forget, we often have some kind of soup at the Cabin in the winter. Last night it was chicken & barley, & tonight it was split pea. And there is plenty of four-footed company for your cat.

LMAshton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2017, 05:09:33 am »
And all the desserts are virtual, so they don't affect blood sugar levels. :)
Nauvoo Member #701 aka quidscribis, joined April 2003

Iggy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2017, 08:38:31 pm »
Oh. My. Gosh. I am so stressed that my gut hurts.

This year Hubby turns 75. His son asked us both, months ago if he could come visit Pop on the week of his birthday. Absolutely he can. Son is a bliss to have visit. He cleans up after himself. Does the dinner dishes and won't take no for an answer. Takes us out for breakfast, lunch and dinner all on different days. He talks with and listens to Pop. He is a JOY!

The stress part. Daughter has announced via Son that she is going to be here too. She is a pain in the backside. She never asks both of us. It is her father, but it is MY home. I am the one who cooks, cleans, shops for food and pays for it, and has to give up my privacy.

She finally contacted her father - via pm in FB no less. She asked if her 4 year old granddaughter and 21 month old grandson can tag along?? In following her FB page regarding ALL of her comments, picture and videos regarding these two, whom she has legal guardianship over since their mother is on the main land in a drug re-hab resort that Grami is paying for (hubby's ex-wife) gave up her parental rights, as did the biological father, she does not discipline them. Neither of these children are told NO, and they are terrors. Grandson tears through everything, and up everything. He is an ape!

The granddaughter would be more than enough for me, and Great Grandpa to deal with. At 4 years old, I think that I can chase & catch her. BUT I am not above tieing her to sturdy furniture or even duct taping her to a straight backed dining room chair. We don't have closets that I could lock her in.

Seriously, our home is NOT child proofed and it cannot be made child proof in a month. I will be doing good to get it cleaned up, books out of boxes and floors vacuumed & mopped in a month. I will have to take 1.5 times the normal amount of pain pills - sleeping pills and StaY AwakE pills in that month to just keep me going.

When Hubby read her message, I shouted out and went ballistic. I was oh so far from being nice. We are NOT paying for a motel room for the three of them either. Her husband, two youngest daughters (high schoolers), eldest daughter (married w/husband) and next eldest daughter w/son are remaining at home.

Her father is turning 75. She has never contacted him on any of his other *mile stone* birthdays, or any of his birthdays. This one she and her husband really should be here for. Sans children.

My first thought was me and my cat are leaving. I'll get a room with a jacuzzi and/or sauna. I'll borrow a small dog kennel from a friend of mine for my cat - can't turn him loose in a room. But then I thought of all the work I will have put into cleaning my home, and all the cleaning - repairing I'll have to do when I return. Nope - she can get the motel room. She can pay for it, and she will have to watch, chase after, clean up and pay for all damages done to my home!

ARGH!! My gut burns. Aches. I may never calm down enough to talk about this with Hubby. He has never seen her children, let alone these great grandchildren. I don't want to be the one blocking him from this. BUT, I really want him to understand the burden it will be on me were they to come and stay here for x amount of days. Just having her here is a burden. She never pays for anything, and she is always wanting to go out to eat. To go to the movies. To go to the Cost A Queens Fortune sightseeing things. And it is her father who pays, pays and pays even more. She never even attempts to reach for her wallet. ARGH!!! It is me who has to really get creative with the food budget for 3 months following her three to four day visits, because there just isn't much money left.

BUT it is my house. My name only on the tax rolls. My name only on all of the utility bills. I am the one who no longer looks very carefully at the wall to wall carpeting that Hubby spills every thing on. I cleaned up after very sick and pooping every where Ethel - 'cause it was poop and it STUNK! Or at the corners of the walls where he scrapes with his walker as he turns into rooms, and along the walls in the hall way where the wheels scrape. But, when Hubby passes on, then I will tear up ALL of the stained wall to wall carpeting and have pergo installed. Or something along those lines. Way easier to keep clean. I will have the walls repaired, primed and painted.

Argh, my gut still aches - - - it burns - - - throwing up wouldn't even help!!!

Iggy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2017, 02:43:51 am »
After both of us ranting, raving and blaming everyone and no one - husband wrote to daughter that WE would love to see the Great Grandchildren, but due to our increasing health problems, limited mobility and a home that is NOT child proof for children as young as these two, now is not a good time for them to visit.

At the beginning and the end of his missive to her, he asked her when she planned on being here and for how long.

She got quite snooty. Said that the two would not be allowed free reighn (her spelling). Said that her husband wanted her to take both of the children for this visit.

Hubby responded with, Why isn't Son-In-Law coming along to help take care of the grand kids? Never got a response to that one.

Then she wrote that she wanted to join her brother at the Portland OR airport, drive down with him and help Dad celebrate his 75th.

Dad wrote back, When did this idea pop into your head? Back in December?? Why did you converse with my Wife regarding this?

That was 5 hours ago. No response.

I wanted him to copy and paste all of the back & forth from FB messaging and email it to me, so that I can write to her. She is nearing 50 - plenty old enough to have developed some manners. The chances are GREAT that I will get it all done in word - print it out - give it to Hubby to read, then delete it.

With being sick: muscles tight and achy pretty much all the time now. Neuropathy in the feet up almost to the knees and in both hands up to almost the elbows, and a weak bladder. I wear an adult diaper when I travel more than 15 miles from the house now. I vacuumed the house minus the MBdrm and GstBdrm and did two loads of dishes. Took me from 1pm until I cooked dinner at 6:15 pm. Now I hurt. Oh, and I went to the Chiropractor - so at least the burning pain in my right bum cheek is gone.  ;D

IF I get up before 10 AM tomorrow, then I want to fold all of the clean clothes. All 5 baskets of them, and get them put away. Then I have a 1:30 PM phone appointment with my Well Woman Diabetic Counselor. That is an hour long phone visit. At 3:30 PM I have a hair appointment, Perm, cut and style.  After that, then I will have to cook dinner.

Thursday, IF I get up before 10 AM then I want to tackle the old sewing machine. Set up the one my sister gave me and see if any parts/attachments from my old one will work on it. Then drag it out to the truck and hoist it into the back. Off to the dump. The stupid thing no longer works, and the parts needed are ob-so-lete! With that thing gone, then I can drag the dead floor plant out the door and toss the plant and save the soil & pot. AND vacuum that corner.

Sent another email off to the sister in the next town's ward, asking if she wanted our sofa? If she does, please come get it. If not, then let me know so I can make arrangements to have it removed from the house and hauled to the dump.

That will free up 8 feet x 3 feet of space. Can put my recliner and rocker there along with a small book case and foot stool for the rocker. Then I can get my sewing/coloring work station set up and clean up my computer area.

By the second Monday of April, I should be ready to tackle Hubby's Den. It has been 7 years and he still hasn't tossed all of the 5' floppies and the CD's of the OS of obsolete systems. AND to toss all of the power packs that have nothing to power. I finally tossed all of the phone cords. From the 4-5 inch ones to the 75' & 100' ones. Oh and the extension cords that were brittle or missing one of the blades. Why in the world were those not tossed when the blade fell out??? I also tossed all of MY CD's for my old, old computers, along with the boot box full of CD's that came with my first computer. How to ride a motorcycle. How to speak Japanese. How to create topographical maps. How to fly a plane/helicopter/ hot air balloon. How to design an edible garden in compact spaces. Etc. Etc. Etc. Gone too are my old cassette tapes. I tried playing them, and boy were they warped. Have of my musical CD's were super scratched and warped. Dang! Oh, and all of Hubby's personal papers from 1968 to the present - boxes and boxes of them.

More than our puny little shredder would be able to handle. I have been wanting to get a burning barrel - so now is the time. Take all of those papers out and burn baby burn!  :P All of these papers are in manila file folders that are in dingy olive green hanging files.

Once the Den is emptied, tidied and organized then our HT will get a call requesting himself and his two teen sons to come over and move Hubby's HUGE SOLID OAK desk and hutch.

When that is done, then I can prime and paint the square of peg board to put up on the end of the counter. Want all of my sieves to hang from it. Yes, I do use them. Two of them are for my freshly ground wheat - - to sift the flour from the chaff. I do add the chaff, but only at the end prior to kneading the dough. Any way, get them on the end base and free up some of the counter. On the last Mon or Tues of March want to order from Amazon two 48" by 8" shelves. Those I will put up above the sink in front of the window to house all of my sprouting seeds and pastas. That will free up the cupboard where I want my spices to live.

With ALL of that done, THEN I will be ready for Step Son to come visit and celebrate his and his Pop's birthday. Son is the 17th and Pop's is the 21st. The plans I had been formulating got killed - so we can just go to dinner at Georgie's in Newport.

This Friday I am buying Sing in blu-ray for me. They can watch it if they want. Don't know what movie Hubby would like - guess I need to start talking about them and asking questions.

pnr

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2017, 05:00:04 pm »
Would it work to  hire Rose from last year to do the nannying they might need while they are there.  Then you could relax because she would be the one handling them.
Nauvoo 1270, Feb 2005

Iggy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2017, 05:31:05 pm »
 :o To date Daughter got royally ticked off that we even hinted that she doesn't watch and discipline her grand children. Also she did not take kindly to us not giving up our king bed in the much much bigger master bedroom with in-suite bathroom to her and renting two roll away beds for the kids, but rather putting her and both children in the smaller guest room sharing one queen bed. OH, and Dad also told her that his WIFE is NOT cooking any meals. She will have to do the cooking and clean up.

She came back with: Well I should of known you wouldn't want to see your great grand kids - you never have liked children. He replied, well Daughter we both know that is not true. What is true is I will NOT fly to Hawaii to see them. What is true is shortly after Iggy and I were married, you asked her if she liked kids and she said that she loved them, especially when they are properly prepared and cooked thoroughly ~ ~ ~tongue in cheek ~ ~ ~ .  O:-)

She replied with: Well, I have friends who live in Oregon, so I will just take the kids there and visit them. Dad replied with, Good, go visit them then drive on down to So.Cal. and dump them on your mother, then drive back up here for my birthday. But remember, if you don't call ahead you won't know where we are going to dinner.

Her last short message was: Fine, I just show up unannounced. Dad replied: Fine, unannounced showing ups result in NO overnight stays.

As for Rose babysitting - I laughed heartily at that one. She is a true Hippie Girl. You know, that just might be what Great Grand Son needs. For her to put a harness on him and connect him to her outdoor umbrella style clothes line like she does her dog when she needs the dog to stay out of her garden when she is working in it. Or for me to ask the Sister @ church if we can bring both of the kids up to her horse training arena - harness the kids up and let them run in the circle until they are too tired to move.

Yep, I am truly the Wicked Step Great Grandma.

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton

Jana at Jade House

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2017, 11:29:41 am »
can i just pop in to shake my head ...some people are just beyond belief. and yyour guest room is just wonderful. I oughta know. 

LMAshton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2017, 10:20:55 pm »
Yeah, I'm with Jana on this. Some people.
Nauvoo Member #701 aka quidscribis, joined April 2003

Jen

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2017, 02:30:50 pm »
You've made a generous offer and she decided to have a tantrum. That's her choice. Hold your boundaries with love and hopefully it will sink in for next time.

* Top Posters

Curelom
947 Posts
Roper Roper
821 Posts
dyany dyany
677 Posts
LMAshton LMAshton
552 Posts
CrowGirl CrowGirl
401 Posts

* Recent Posts