Welcome to New Nauvoo

Author Topic: Getting better acquainted with the neighbors  (Read 8041 times)

Iggy

• View Profile
Re: Getting better acquainted with the neighbors
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2018, 10:07:20 pm »
NEW Getting Better Acquainted With the Neighbors Questions

1.  I joined the Church through (born in covenant; as a child with convert parents; as a teen; etc.): My oldest brother started going to church to be in the Scout program. Dad was happy that the leaders were NOT drinking & getting drunk during the meetings. I was 8 at the time, and really enjoyed all of the meetings. At 14 I finally asked why I wasn't baptized - the Bishop thought I was all along - so finally got baptized.

2.  The first time I did temple work for my own kin, it was for: Shortly after Hubby #2 & I moved back to the Central Oregon Coast, we went and did the work for a few of my Greats and for his Mother's Dad.

3.  A childhood toy that I wish my kids could have today (or wish I still had, for those w/o kids): I have the board games that I loved playing with my siblings & friends: Scrabble, Monopoly, Yahtzee, etc.

4.  When I learned to cook, the first thing I made on my own:Chocolate Mayo Cake. For kids, that is one of the easiest to make and it is nearly fool proof. I was 8 -

5.  My first “grown-up” job (exclude “youth” jobs like babysitting, pet care, lawn mowing, etc.): Worked after school (from noon to 9 pm) at Brown's Quality Foods. We made pizza's (for Taverns), dips, jello frappe's (for the local stores), potato/macaroni/coleslaw salad for KFC.

6.  A wild animal I often see in my neighborhood: Raccoons, bears, deer.

7.  Something one of my neighbors does that I enjoy: Smokes on the far side of their house where the wind takes it up and over the roof top, rather than inside my windows.

8.  Something one of my neighbors does that I don’t like: the dozen trips in and out of the *hood* -

9.  An old TV series that I wish would come back, updated to the times we live in: Quincy; ME There was Rosewood, but it didn't last near long enough.

10.  Many countries have national holidays honoring great figures in their history. If my country could have a holiday to honor a non-citizen, I would choose: Nada - The USA does not need anymore holidays.

The following users thanked this post: Roper

* Top Posters

Curelom
1405 Posts
Roper Roper
1162 Posts
dyany dyany
832 Posts
LMAshton LMAshton
703 Posts
N3uroTypical N3uroTypical
425 Posts