Welcome to New Nauvoo

Author Topic: Loved today  (Read 249 times)

cook

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
Loved today
« on: March 15, 2020, 08:44:32 am »
Did anyone else have similar feelings? Here our Stake provides the sacrament meeting: a live broadcast via youtube, 7 minute cut off time for sacrament, which was blessed at home. My husband and son blessed it (and delivered by passing over the table)  and we had the Elders over for the meeting and lunch.

I was so touched. Somehow, something, can't really point exactly what, gave the feeling that this is the real gospel. Like we somehow touched the core of it all more than ever before. Something special, not just something out of necessity. Something very good.

The following users thanked this post: Jen, beefche, Roper, Sparky, TurkeyLurker

GoodyScrivener

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
Re: Loved today
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 12:29:09 pm »
Sadly, my stake is still working out details. We've been told so far that there will be no min-meetings and no broadcasts.

The following users thanked this post: Roper

JLM

• MembersOnly
  • Hoggity Poggity Wiggity Wack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 12:49:46 pm »
Our SP is a technophobe, so nadda.

Sparky

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 07:03:11 pm »
Cook, I agree. I put on a dress today, but was totally unprepared when my husband walked out of the bedroom with his suit on. I did not expect that. We carefully cleaned a small table. Hubby asked if we had a table cloth and I got a small lacey table runner and put it on the table. Hubby can't sing, but I played a sacrament hymn on our piano. I said a prayer. He blessed and passed the sacrament (there's just me and him). I gave a spiritual thought. He closed with prayer. We watched a couple of BoM videos. Through it all I had tears in my eyes and really felt the spirit stronger than I've felt it for awhile. It was an incredible blessing to us both.

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, Iggy, Roper

Palmon

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 07:36:01 pm »
I felt so overwhelmed when my husband blessed the sacrament. We had prayers, sacrament and watched the RS Oct talk by President Nelson. I imagined the whole of the church members doing the same thing. The whole little service was so sweet. Next week we are going to Facetime with a son's family and their daughter will give a talk.

I am kinda thinking that this will be a blessing for all who take the directions to worship with our families seriously.

Honestly, though, I did think back to when we had children at home and thought that maybe it wouldn't have gone so smoothly with kids. I have distinct memories of trying to have spiritual family home evenings with one or two of the boys standing on their heads, fighting, pouting, etc.. 

The following users thanked this post: Jen, Iggy, Roper, Sparky

Redd

• MembersOnly
  • when life gives you lemons, make grape juice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 09:21:26 pm »
We were assigned groups to deal with so our neighborhood group out here in the sticks consisted of about 12 people between 3 families.They had it at 11 and it was farther out on the hwy that I couldn't attend because of time to take for me to get to work. Everyone apparently quite enjoyed it. Next week we are having it at 10 in the morning so I can attend the entire meeting and then go to work.I am going to have to brave Walmart to find little portion control cups for the Sacrament. All I had were large plastic cups but the sister  have to have some bathroom Dixie cups so and our friend who hosted it actually had some Little Dixie cups for the sacrament. Basically it worked out.

The following users thanked this post: Iggy, Roper, Sparky

Jen

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 01:29:41 am »
Having a simple Sacrament meeting in our living room with my husband and children was one of my favorite sacred experiences. They don't generally sing at church, but everyone sang quietly as my husband broke the bread. There's so much I felt and could say but I'll just say that I'm thankful that even out of terrible circumstances we are blessed with that experience. After the Sacrament was passed, I spoke about our baptismal covenants, what they are, how we have a great opportunity now to live them, and what a blessing it was to renew them today, together in our home. It was really a sweet day.

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, Roper, Sparky

CrowGirl

• MembersOnly
  • Nauvoo Member 401, July 2001; lurker since 1999.
    • View Profile
    • The MAHALO5 Space
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 01:39:45 am »
We simply had Sunday School; no permission to do sacrament in homes.  We took turns reading, and stopped when someone had a question or an observation.  CrowDaughter said she loved it; discussion versus lecture; scriptures versus folklore (referenced in another topic).  CrowBaby again learned that, when it comes to the Gospel, there are no stupid questions.  I enjoyed being with my family and seeing my children and their faith and testimonies.

I know my sibling in AZís ward did their Primary Singing Time on Facebook Live.
Jump off the cliff and build your wings on the way down.
-Ray Bradbury

The following users thanked this post: LMAshton, Roper, Sparky

Taalcon

• MembersOnly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 09:13:10 am »
We had a personal small little family meeting. We used little half-pint canning jars for our Water, and a slice of Gluten Free bread. We had prayers, a hymn ("I Stand All Amazed"), and read from Jacob 2:12-22 and discussed it. It was a great and moving experience for us, and the kids were VERY much into the special idea of Home Church, even though they missed going to see their classes and seeing their friends.

The following users thanked this post: Roper, Sparky

Redd

• MembersOnly
  • when life gives you lemons, make grape juice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2020, 10:27:38 am »
What are the really nice things about having Home Church is that we have so many avenues and outlets in which to carry on. When my son lived in the artic circle he had church over the telephone so I'm pretty sure that the people in the Arctic circle and in the Aleutian islands of Alaska are kind of laughing at us down here the lower 48 ☺️. Here in the middle of New Mexico the Valencia Ward had families having their own, while in the Los Lunas Ward, which is my ward, the bishopric called on the leadership to create cottage meetings of sorts. Start times are entirely up to us and our group is following the home study course so next week it is in the book of Jacob which is about the pruning of the olive trees and my husband, Hick, gets to teach us. Heck is a little goofy on the outside but boy does he know his scriptures and because he's a landscaper / Gardner he really understands the pruning of the trees 😁.

The following users thanked this post: Roper, Sparky

TurkeyLurker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2020, 11:02:23 am »
It was a beautiful day.  My priest-age ministering companion and I took the sacrament to two widows in the ward, and had a really nice chat with both of them.  That was really nice.  A family invited me over for the sacrament with them, and it was a nice experience.  Their children are so sweet, and it was fun to get to see them on Sunday in spite of not going to church.

Our bishop had almost immediately pushed out in-home sacrament approvals via text and Facebook earlier in the week.  Went out for a walk and saw lots of my ward members and other neighbors doing the same.  It was a beautiful Sunday.  :)

The following users thanked this post: Roper, Sparky, kazbert

* Calendar

May 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Recent Posts

Re: The LIST by Roper